Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

columbus

My bad,

Right click on the chart, under set interval you can see an option called configure..

Click on this,

Now you will see an interval box on the right top of the chart. set it to your required interval in minutes..
No success.
Moreover 30Min interval is showing DATA UNAVAILABLE.
You can straight away remove this ,use it for 3min instead.

Zerodha

When are you planning to come up with a Mobile Application (not browser based) which is better then NSE NOW Mobile application? Are you working on any such application for mobiles currently?

thanks.

Hi RockyRobust,

The 3rd check box(Clear and download all scrips) should not be selected always.
Because it will delete all scrip files each time when you login and redownload
all scrip files again.
Since NFO(15 Mb) and Cash(2 Mb) files are larger it will take some time to redownload all files again and will waste the net usage.(in my case it will take around 15 minutes to download 17 Mb).

It is recommended to select that checkbox only after each expiary to download new scrip files or whenever you have problems in the market watch or market watch group settings windows.

Happy trading...
Veera.
Hi Veera ,

I was also of the same view. I even inquired the tech support guy about this thing. He however insisted to keep the check boxes the way he has done. I was really worried about this problem to occur but fortunately it has not occurred even once since the time of new installation [almost a month to date] and infact earlier NOW used to take more time to let me log in but it is quite fast now. Therefore I thought of keeping the settings same because NOW can get angry anytime to crash at the drop of a hat. :p

Happy Trading !!

Zerodha

thanks. in line with above please consider the below scenario.

Say I have some amount X in my account. I use up the FULL AMOUNT to buy/sell say Y number of future lots as NRML and I intend to hold my position till expiry.
Suppose the stock price keeps going up and I am in MTM profits. But as the stock price moves up my understanding is that the overnight holding margin also increases. Please correct if I am wrong here.:)

Due to increase in holding margin per lot, the total overnight holding margin for Y lots would become more then my initial amouunt X, but would be substantially less the the sum of X and my total MTM profits (gained over the last few days since I entered into this trade)

NOw my question is what would happen to my position of Y lots.

will I be required to square off my positions to realise the MTM profits and create new positions if I intend to hold longer?
Or will I be allowed to hold positions as my MTM is in huge profits? For this to happen, will the MTM profits be credited to my account periodically, like after end of every trading day or after every 3 days or after every increase of 1% or some other method?

To summarise,

My current understanding based on what you said above is that the MTM profits you make during the trading day are not added to the limit on the same day. and the unrealised profits are not available for trading on the trading day.

But what happens on the morning of the next trading day. Do you add the MTM profits (I made yesterday) to the trading limit on the morning of the next trading day? (even though I have not sold my future lots and I am still holding them as I expect more gains today)

To be more clear I would like to give an example. So for example I have 100,000 and I purchase 4 future lots (25000 overning margin per lot) and make a profit of 10,000 by 12.00 PM. Now I intend to hold these positions till few more days or till expiry. During the rest of the day I cannot do any other trade as my full 100,000 is blocked as futures margin, and I also cannot use the notional 10,000 as its still unrealized. So at end of trading day I have 100,000 capital, 10,000 Unrealized MTM profit and I was not able to use the extra 10,000 for trading during the day. So that's my current understanding. Please correct me if I am wrong.

My question is that during the morning of next trading day, will you add the 10,000 profit to my capital and will I be able to use it for trading? (Considering I am still holding the 4 lots and I wont be able to use for trading the 100,000 I initially had in my account)

thanks.
Firstly margin requirement increase when market goes up is hardly anything. For example, if nifty is at 6000, 1 lot is 50, the contract is 3lks, if margin is 10% you need 30000. If nifty goes to 6100, contract is 3.05lks, margin required now is 30,500. As you will see the increase is just Rs 500.

Secondly and more importantly, all MTM profits get credited to your trading account next day morning. So in the above example if you had Rs 30000 and you bought nifty at 6000, next day your account balance will be 35000 and margin blocked will be 30,500. You can use 4500 to do anything you want.

Hopefully this clarifies

@ Zerodha ,

I am not your client still , thinking upon to become one and specially this 60 day challenge is making me more interested.

Being Net Profitable I understand but have you laid some benchmark for the exact definition of net profitability eg. minimum number of trades in these 60 days , minimum amount of profit within these 60 days , minimum number of days of trading within these 60 days etc.

I wanted to know as I am little bit bit confused as who will be eligible and on what criteria ?

Regards.

@ Zerodha ,

I am not your client still , thinking upon to become one and specially this 60 day challenge is making me more interested.

Being Net Profitable I understand but have you laid some benchmark for the exact definition of net profitability eg. minimum number of trades in these 60 days , minimum amount of profit within these 60 days , minimum number of days of trading within these 60 days etc.

I wanted to know as I am little bit bit confused as who will be eligible and on what criteria ?

Regards.
No minimum number of trades specified. Profitable means your ledger balance should have increased after 60 days , net of additions and withdrawls in your account. This means that you should be profitable after paying brokerage, STT and all other charges at the end of 60 days period. Even if you have made Re 1=00 at the end of 60 days, you will be considered as a winner of 60 days challenge. If one is net profitable, his entire brokerage in that period is returned...which means almost 6 months of brokerage free trading, opportunity of testing our trading skills and trying to improve in the spirit of healthy competition....

Smart_trade

No minimum number of trades specified. Profitable means your ledger balance should have increased after 60 days , net of additions and withdrawls in your account. This means that you should be profitable after paying brokerage, STT and all other charges at the end of 60 days period. Even if you have made Re 1=00 at the end of 60 days, you will be considered as a winner of 60 days challenge. If one is net profitable, his entire brokerage in that period is returned...which means almost 6 months of brokerage free trading, opportunity of testing our trading skills and trying to improve in the spirit of healthy competition....

Smart_trade
Thanks a lot . I was confused at this but now everything is clear .

Regards.

jamit_05

Amit Bhai
market buri tarah tutanewala hai kya? Bond kharid rahe ho???

Getting Tax Free Bond for 9% in GOI backed companies is a very good place to park money. FD, after tax is around 6 to 7%.

I am not looking for short term gains, but interested in getting in at attractive yields. Equity and precious metals are other options too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.