Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

YOUR transaction charges for option are higher than ICICIDIRECT (I guess highest brokerage charging company)..

Your charge = .08%
ICICIDIRECt = .05%
Yes, transaction charges( NSE transaction and clearing charges) is a little higher, because icici doesn't charge the clearing charges as an extra.. They incorporate the charge in their brokerage itself as the charge is insignificant... You will be under the Karnataka Stamp duty as we are registered in Bangalore.. The good thing about stamp duty in karnataka presently is that the maximum stamp duty for a day is Rs 50.... Stamp duty has changed in Karnataka from April of this year, if a broker is still charging you that much, he is keeping the difference for himself...

Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

SPAN is the minimum margin that exchange asks a broker for a futures positions.. Exposure is what is charged over that for risk management...

Every stock has a different % SPAN and exposure based on the volatility.. For Nifty futures ( Contract is 3lks), SPAN is around 21000(7%) and exposure margin charged by most of brokers is around 10000(3%)... Together SPAN and exposure makes Total margin which is blocked by a broker for futures positions...Similarly for options writing positions...
Hi zerodha Thanks. As the exposure margin is charged by broker for risk mgt can u reduce the margin requirement for hedged posn in overnight index options

rajeabc

Yes, transaction charges( NSE transaction and clearing charges) is a little higher, because icici doesn't charge the clearing charges as an extra.. They incorporate the charge in their brokerage itself as the charge is insignificant... You will be under the Karnataka Stamp duty as we are registered in Bangalore.. The good thing about stamp duty in karnataka presently is that the maximum stamp duty for a day is Rs 50.... Stamp duty has changed in Karnataka from April of this year, if a broker is still charging you that much, he is keeping the difference for himself...
the maximum stamp duty for a day is Rs 50

Does this mean any number of trades but stump duty would be max 50 for whole day ?

I am sure someone called you back as soon as we received your courier..We have been working very hard and we are all on a well deserved long weekend off...One of the reasons we ask you to send us an email is because even if we are on an off we are looking at answering customer queries from wherever we are...

About the high handed treatment and that too from us.....hmmm... Thanks for the wishes... Will make sure someone calls you back on monday and sorts any issue that you have.....

Cheers...
I am not trying to disparage what apparently you people are trying to do.
your business model could be a ray of utter common sense in the world of drooling drunken idiots, but customer service is something that should be worked upon.

As I was not aware of today's off, so things looked worse to me then they actually were as I was calling from yesterday. No one called me for the courier or anything else. If you are sure that some one must have had called, I really don't know how to say it, but just clarifying that I do not have enough time to spend putting messages on forum and tracking back for your response. If I have done that, it was the last resort as NO ONE CALLED, NO ONE TOOK CALLS, and if calls were not being picked, what would have I achieved by e-mail? Writing feedback about you (for sake anyone, and I did not like that at all), on a public forum, was the only thing that occurred to me.

Zerodha

Re: new cheapest broker is here. Zerodha

Hi zerodha Thanks. As the exposure margin is charged by broker for risk mgt can u reduce the margin requirement for hedged posn in overnight index options
Hi Nikhil,

We have no issues in giving margin benefits, we understand hedged positions... The problem is that the platforms don't recognize them.. It is physically impossible to monitor all clients positions and see manually who has what..But, if you are writing options with us, we generally block lesser margins than most of the brokers..

Zerodha

I am not trying to disparage what apparently you people are trying to do.
your business model could be a ray of utter common sense in the world of drooling drunken idiots, but customer service is something that should be worked upon.

As I was not aware of today's off, so things looked worse to me then they actually were as I was calling from yesterday. No one called me for the courier or anything else. If you are sure that some one must have had called, I really don't know how to say it, but just clarifying that I do not have enough time to spend putting messages on forum and tracking back for your response. If I have done that, it was the last resort as NO ONE CALLED, NO ONE TOOK CALLS, and if calls were not being picked, what would have I achieved by e-mail? Writing feedback about you (for sake anyone, and I did not like that at all), on a public forum, was the only thing that occurred to me.
Hi Aniket,

If you sent us a courier on Sat the 11th, we would have received the courier only on 15th( usually nothing happens on sunday at couriers)... If we have opened an account for you on the 16th(thursday) and sent you all the login and passwords(1 days time), I suppose you can call it a decently efficient system compared to all the other brokers in India today(not that we have kept them as a benchmark).... Just because no one picked the phone on a public holiday and on a saturday(a lot of businesses don't work on saturdays) without even writing an email as an enquiry to write all the kind words that you did in your original post on a public forum, hmmm I thought was unfair.....

But as they say in business, " Customer is always right" ... Will give you a buzz personally on Monday morning and sort your queries...

Cheers

rajeabc

Yes, max of Rs 50 per contract note, whatever is the turnover...
sorry to bug you again..

Say I traded future (Intraday) in RELIANCE , SBI and NIFTY..

Are you saying I need to pay only 50 Rs as STUMP DUTY ? or for every trade?

Thanks..

I came to know that there is some referral scheme. If you are paying 10% to a person who introduce me then why don't you pay me that 10% when I am coming my own ? I am planning to send my form soon.

Zerodha

sorry to bug you again..

Say I traded future (Intraday) in RELIANCE , SBI and NIFTY..

Are you saying I need to pay only 50 Rs as STUMP DUTY ? or for every trade?

Thanks..

I came to know that there is some referral scheme. If you are paying 10% to a person who introduce me then why don't you pay me that 10% when I am coming my own ? I am planning to send my form soon.
Max of 50Rs as stamp duty per contract note, you can trade all the futures that you have mentioned above and more...

The whole idea behind Zerodha was to let a trader be able to place orders and exit based on merit of the trade rather than worry about cost of trade etc...The idea was you get in and out of the trade based on if the trade is right or not...20 rs at the end of the day is not a lot of money to be paying for a trade... The reason of having a referral program was to instead of spending money on TV ads or newspaper ads and making the media companies richer, share the same with our traders... So tomorrow, if you like our service and you talk about us to your friends, we will share part of the business you help us brining in...I hope you understand what I am trying to get to...

Looking forward to have you on board with us...

Cheers...

rajeabc

Max of 50Rs as stamp duty per contract note, you can trade all the futures that you have mentioned above and more...

The whole idea behind Zerodha was to let a trader be able to place orders and exit based on merit of the trade rather than worry about cost of trade etc...The idea was you get in and out of the trade based on if the trade is right or not...20 rs at the end of the day is not a lot of money to be paying for a trade... The reason of having a referral program was to instead of spending money on TV ads or newspaper ads and making the media companies richer, share the same with our traders... So tomorrow, if you like our service and you talk about us to your friends, we will share part of the business you help us brining in...I hope you understand what I am trying to get to...

Looking forward to have you on board with us...

Cheers...
Thanks for your reply.
About the referral , what I wanted to say. Say , I am going to join ZERODHA but rather joining directly I find a friend here (please notice the difference.. I am asking my friend) and ask him to introduce me and take 50% of 10% what he gets and give me 50%(i.e means he takes 10% from you and keep 5% to himself and 5% to me..)
So zerodha is anyway going to loose 10%... There should be some other business proposition as well.
Atleast Zerodha give 5% discount to a person who come directly..

Status
Not open for further replies.