60 min Flow in International Commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Saint,

We are eagerly waiting your participation to develop setup. please guide us to develop successful setup like equity and nifty....

Very Happy to see u at here.........:)

dn jadeja
Still going through the charts......here am a junior to you,Prabhjeet,Neeraj,NC,
Beethoven and others..........

From what I have seen so far,the 60min Flow in its intial form is good enough ...... as minimum "I" as possible.

Saint

GOLD to long sar 14233 + filter
Once again,only paper trading as of now......but have a look at 3pm bar on the 4th,and the 9pm bar on the 4th.......to stay clear of certain definitions,the 2nd one is visually obvious,unlike the first one.And enough for us to reverse with.

I would reverse at 14170+f and not wait for 14233.

Just sharing what I would do....not a real trade.

Saint

Saint

We need your guidance here. Do we trade 60 min flow here (in gold, etc) or should we go in for daily charts? Kindly advise.

Thanks

Bee
Daily charts looking yummy,Bee.......unable to manage the stress of normal trading+another 8 hours so will have to figure out something soon.

Still early days yet.......Let's see over the next few days.

Saint

Yep Saint, the charts are real good and inviting for flow traders.

I guess the silence is because most people are not sure what knid of enteries, filters or stops to use.

My confusion is about Position sizing, what do you suggest Sir, we used 1% for 60 min. charts, would it be Ok to use 2% for Daily charts and what kind of a total portfolio risk would you suggest sir considering that I am trading 5-6 instruments. Just a humble request about MM, plz. share what would your strategy be
We'll get down to all that soon.......meanwhile,you guys are already doing a great job.

Great going....

Saint

beethoven

Daily charts looking yummy,Bee.......unable to manage the stress of normal trading+another 8 hours so will have to figure out something soon.

Saint
Thanks Saint,

I have been doing some backtesting on daily charts. Gold behaves very nicely, even if we take all pivots (very aggressive ones too - bar by bar, daily, keeping pivot formation in mind) we make money by having very low stress level and monitoring. Just put SAR once a day at the start. One more thing, surprisingly, no filters required here. We can use rounding upto Rs10 on the safe side or Rs 20 to Rs 25 by force of habit, even that is not required. I have back tested about six months daily charts. I will do this for two years data which Neeraj has provided. Kindly see and put up your observations. I have encountered a peculiar problem which leads to whipsaws which I will put up later for you all to suggest a solution.

Thanks for being here. Gives us a lot of confidence and support.
Bee

Thanks Saint,

I have been doing some backtesting on daily charts. Gold behaves very nicely, even if we take all pivots (very aggressive ones too - bar by bar, daily, keeping pivot formation in mind) we make money by having very low stress level and monitoring. Just put SAR once a day at the start. One more thing, surprisingly, no filters required here. We can use rounding upto Rs10 on the safe side or Rs 20 to Rs 25 by force of habit, even that is not required. I have back tested about six months daily charts. I will do this for two years data which Neeraj has provided. Kindly see and put up your observations. I have encountered a peculiar problem which leads to whipsaws which I will put up later for you all to suggest a solution.

Thanks for being here. Gives us a lot of confidence and support.
Bee
Thanks Bee....very nice.

Saint

Prabhjeet

Saint
Saint the people of this thread are feeling really good since you have started visiting this thread, plz. discuss some rules that we can apply over here.

About the time frame, frankly speaking, I have tried many times but cannot keep track of 60 min.charts for all day long and many times I have come back to see a reversal missed. I think we could better use say 3 hourly charts or even better, daily charts.

In my view all the commodities move very calmly so we can manage them on Daily charts.

Waiting for your valuable guidance Sir

Status
Not open for further replies.