60 min Flow in International Commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFL

Yes Saint. The daily is working like a charm. The 60, I would love to have your opinion. Still not comfortable. Many things to iron out there, major vs minor pivots, filter of around 35 and more say 50 will make it very unwieldy (perhaps), smaller filter will lead to whipsaws. Treatment of steep rise ( 2 bar vs searching of pivots on a lower time frame), etc, etc. Anyway my experience is very limited. Would really like your help here.

Till then, I am happy with daily with virtually no filter, just rounding off to the nearest Rs10/- and play all pivots (as per the pivot rules given by you).

Thanks and regards

Bee
I just started commodity...with 60minFlow.
What are the filters you are using for daily?
Are you talking about the system Intraday MiniFlow?

Haribird.

beethoven

I just started commodity...with 60minFlow.
What are the filters you are using for daily?
Are you talking about the system Intraday MiniFlow?

Haribird.
Haribird,

I am not using any filters in Daily charts. You can back test the data given by Neeraj and find an appropriate filter. I have checked only one year data and have found that whipsaws are rare and whenever that occurs it will be more than 120 points so did not think of using any filter. I will take a whipsaw in my stride whenever it comes rather than sacrificing 120 points on each trade plus some other factors which are very obvious in nature while setting the SAR for the day. All rules as per 60 min flow as Saint has said.
Why should intraday miniflow rules be used? I could not understand this question?
Bee

PS: Please note the above is in context of GOLD futures on MCX only not any other commodity.

Last edited:

beethoven

Saint,

Just curious to know, why did you not trade commodities all these last few months? Crude and copper crashed like no tomorrow. Some of your posts (in other threads) of 2 to 3 years back say that you have been interested in gold. I always thought you would be trading commodities.

I am very new to trading. I am probably the oldest (agewise) and newest to trading among all our friends here. Till around 9 months back I did not even know what long and short was.:D

Rishig and later DNJ and Neeraj/Prabh drew my attention to it (commodities). Working like a charm. NIFTY giving so much of trouble as it is range bound.

Copper is very difficult to master but moves around more. Look forward to your views in this area.

Maybe you can start a new thread with your experiments and exploration in commodities. I am sure many would just love it. I, of course, have a very selfish motive of picking your brains and experience:). I have probably learned more from you than any one else in my life, on any single subject and am eternally in debt.

Many thanks:)

Bee

TFL

Haribird,

I am not using any filters in Daily charts. You can back test the data given by Neeraj and find an appropriate filter. I have checked only one year data and have found that whipsaws are rare and whenever that occurs it will be more than 120 points so did not think of using any filter. I will take a whipsaw in my stride whenever it comes rather than sacrificing 120 points on each trade plus some other factors which are very obvious in nature while setting the SAR for the day. All rules as per 60 min flow as Saint has said.
Why should intraday miniflow rules be used? I could not understand this question?
Bee

PS: Please note the above is in context of GOLD futures on MCX only not any other commodity.
beethoven,

I just asked whether you or any others in this thread are trading Mini-Flow in gold.
I misunderstood the term daily as Mini Flow.

Not confusing alot...I am too following 60 Mini-Flow with filters starting 20 initially(Experimental from today's chart) in gold.

beethoven

beethoven,

I just asked whether you or any others in this thread are trading Mini-Flow in gold.
I misunderstood the term daily as Mini Flow.

Not confusing alot...I am too following 60 Mini-Flow with filters starting 20 initially(Experimental from today's chart) in gold.
Hari, hope the confusion is removed. I am talking about daily chart (one day chart). The SAR is set once only in the morning after seeing the movement till last evening. Then during the day keep monitoring as and when convenient. Playing 60 min on commodities till 11:30 at night, daily, will make you a social pariah and play havoc in your mind in a few days. Take care.
Bee

ThE HaMmEr

saint sir how about trading the pivots.........15 min 30 min for comm.. like gold crude copper nickel etc....dis way intraday money could b made....also not necessary to watchout evrytime for 60 min flow........no time boundation.......its more of a PIVOT trading....

couldnt do dis without u .... ur inputs required....mouthwatering moves of 3-4% in copper.......everyday.....crude too.....even gold....

no 5 min bar 1 hr bar....just pivots...... no1 better den u can develop a system....

hope u will give some of ur inputs on dis... :)

my 2 bucks....

regards

neeraj

beethoven

saint sir how about trading the pivots.........15 min 30 min for comm.. like gold crude copper nickel etc....dis way intraday money could b made....also not necessary to watchout evrytime for 60 min flow........no time boundation.......its more of a PIVOT trading....

couldnt do dis without u .... ur inputs required....mouthwatering moves of 3-4% in copper.......everyday.....crude too.....even gold....

no 5 min bar 1 hr bar....just pivots...... no1 better den u can develop a system....

hope u will give some of ur inputs on dis... :)

my 2 bucks....

regards

neeraj
Neeraj,

A good idea. Here I think someone commented that the movement picks up steam when international markets open up. So maybe we can keep an eye out and pick best time (or hours) to play miniflow.

Bee

Status
Not open for further replies.