60 min Flow in International Commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prabhjeet

:D:D...thats the indicator which works 100% of the time....we just have to time it properly.

But the moves both ways r going to be fast and jerky...so lets be prepared for that.

Great to be in such esteemed company Prabh......will get more to learn here now....wow.

Rakesh
We had missed such fast moves of Nifty when it was hitting new highs a year back but God has given us another chance to catch these fast moves on Gold again.

Only thing we have to do is to keep water- tight Money management so that we dont miss any such moves after a few whipsaws

Prabhjeet

:D same boat as rakesh, waiting for the downmove to start.
Now all we need is satya to join us

Great to see master trader Prabh in action

MJ-
Kyon bhai, subah se aur koi mila nahi taang khichne ko :D:D

And yes, myself also waiting for Satya to join

Thought of playing this with Daily Charts......ended up doing the 60min Flow.....old habits die hard as the old saying goes.

Best not to fight with one's nature....as that defeats the very aim of Going With The Flow....So 60min its is.

Good to have so many of the Old School here.....Wishing you all the best!

Saint

Thought of playing this with Daily Charts......ended up doing the 60min Flow.....old habits die hard as the old saying goes.

Best not to fight with one's nature....as that defeats the very aim of Going With The Flow....So 60min its is.

Good to have so many of the Old School here.....Wishing you all the best!

Saint
Relieved to know that Sir....actually feeling more confident now since the master himself will be trading the same tf.

Actually wanted to discuss a few things...but then felt I shd wait till the market closes.

But the mkt here doesnt close till I sleep:eek::eek:...so will start bothering you from today evening with some silly questions....

Great to be here Saint...

Rakesh

Relieved to know that Sir....actually feeling more confident now since the master himself will be trading the same tf.

Actually wanted to discuss a few things...but then felt I shd wait till the market closes.

But the mkt here doesnt close till I sleep:eek::eek:...so will start bothering you from today evening with some silly questions....

Great to be here Saint...

Rakesh
Not a problem at all,Rakesh.......actually,free now,so feel free to ask.

Saint

Prabhjeet

Hmm. Pin-drop silence, looks like everyone is ready to shoot the duck

Not a problem at all,Rakesh.......actually,free now,so feel free to ask.

Saint
Great Sir..thanks a lot. but dont know if I shd ask all of them at once or 1 by 1.

So will just list them....you can answer them in your time.

1. Pure Vs Aggressive pivots....your openion please...just for the benifit of everyone here, though using Pure here would be apt....relaxed and lazy approach for the long drawn markets here.

2. End of day reversals-- Since there are lesser gaps in commodities..i guess this tweak should not be used here.

3. Using the first candle-- In equities we have been using the 5 min candle as first one. Here, the first candle is of 60min...so agreed we use that 60min as the first one....but suppose it is taking out our SAR while in formation. Do we still wait for it to complete or jump in.

4. Strategy for sideways market-- The current phase i feel is temporary. Commos are known to be in a range for a lot lot of time. What is your strategy for that. I guess the one laid out by Prabhjeet would be useful here..

5. Adds.....2 adds seem ok....3rd one to be used only after the daily charts break out of consolidation/range. What is your openion Sir.

6. Do we use miniflow here as a counter system.....you know what I mean.

More later Sir....thanks a lot for your time.

Thanks,
Rakesh

Great Sir..thanks a lot. but dont know if I shd ask all of them at once or 1 by 1.

So will just list them....you can answer them in your time.

1. Pure Vs Aggressive pivots....your openion please...just for the benifit of everyone here, though using Pure here would be apt....relaxed and lazy approach for the long drawn markets here.
Pure Pivots.......by now everyone already knows what we mean by that terminology.Visually obvious pivots and if not there 2 bar method........Yes,the lazyman approach.Do as little as possible.Make as much as possible.

2. End of day reversals-- Since there are lesser gaps in commodities..i guess this tweak should not be used here.
There were one or two times that it may have come in handy...........but yes,not required over here.

3. Using the first candle-- In equities we have been using the 5 min candle as first one. Here, the first candle is of 60min...so agreed we use that 60min as the first one....but suppose it is taking out our SAR while in formation. Do we still wait for it to complete or jump in.
No,would jump in if pivots are breaking even before completing.......but a gap against our position and below our pivots will be a problem.Shall talk more about it later in the evening.

4. Strategy for sideways market-- The current phase i feel is temporary. Commos are known to be in a range for a lot lot of time. What is your strategy for that. I guess the one laid out by Prabhjeet would be useful here..
Need to read it more thoroughly....Prabhjeet/Rakesh,which post is this discussed?

5. Adds.....2 adds seem ok....3rd one to be used only after the daily charts break out of consolidation/range. What is your openion Sir.
Adds over Pivots only..........hmmm,more has to be talked about this one also.

6. Do we use miniflow here as a counter system.....you know what I mean.

More later Sir....thanks a lot for your time.

Thanks,
Rakesh
No Rakesh,no counter system here.....no harm in a bit of scavenging if and when you see a clear cut breakout/breakdown.But not as a strategy along with the 60min Flow.

Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.