60 min Flow in International Commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beethoven

If in 60 min flow in Gold - we have to play only major pivots then it becomes virtually playing the daily chart which is a very safe way to play (as per my back testing and limited trading experience in this before trying 60 min flow method). Guess we do not have any alternative given the characteristics of this security. Lets see how this pans out in coming days.:)
Bee

rishig38

at least the minor pivot has been taken out...now watching the second pivot very clearly...break of that would/should signal a very strong move...

beethoven

Yesterday's case is very interesting. We had four very clear successive lower PHs -- all figures are for Gold main 4 apr series

15415 3pm bar
15338 5 pm
15294 9 pm
15269 11pm

Now the question is from where do we reverse?:)

Bee

rishig38

Yesterday's case is very interesting. We had four very clear successive lower PHs -- all figures are for Gold main 4 apr series

15415 3pm bar
15338 5 pm
15294 9 pm
15269 11pm

Now the question is from where do we reverse?:)

Bee
although i agree with you on most but i do not know how you are considering 15269 as a PH.. :confused:

beethoven

although i agree with you on most but i do not know how you are considering 15269 as a PH.. :confused:
This is the hi of 11 pm bar next bar is an inside bar, today prices went above 11 pm bar so it is pivot -- a minor pivot though.
In fact the actual reversal that we are seeing now is from this pivot high. Playing aggressive, I would have gone long above this but I am still experimenting.
Bee

PS: ST and Rakesh would have probably gone long over the 10 pm hammer hi with long bottoming tail.

Last edited:

rishig38

This is the hi of 11 pm bar next bar is an inside bar, today prices went above 11 pm bar so it is pivot -- a minor pivot though.
In fact the actual reversal that we are seeing now is from this pivot high. Playing aggressive, I would have gone long above this but I am still experimenting.
Bee

PS: ST and Rakesh would have probably gone long over the 10 pm hammer hi with long bottoming tail.
very good explanation but the point is that in gold and even in 60mins, we have to have very visual pivots....specially in gold, we get many of these tiny pivots which are actually useless..the point is to reverse only when it is a clear cut pivot and not pay for being aggressive as moves in gold are huge...so better late than being aggressive :D

Prabhjeet

very good explanation but the point is that in gold and even in 60mins, we have to have very visual pivots....specially in gold, we get many of these tiny pivots which are actually useless..the point is to reverse only when it is a clear cut pivot and not pay for being aggressive as moves in gold are huge...so better late than being aggressive :D
I second that view

beethoven

There is no argument in what you say rishig - that fact has been established long time back. We are trying to tame this security within the ambit of 60 min flow method.

I will go on say that playing the daily chart is the safest - it is a no brainer - back test it and you will see that it is very comfortable.

But we are trying to extract more juice out of this security to see how best to fit 60 min flow -- I will request other members on this forum to try out longer TFs maybe two hours. 3 hours or 90 minutes -- which will iron out these minor pivots which are getting to be difficult to discard sometimes.
Bee

Status
Not open for further replies.