• Relationship Articles

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • Behavoiral articles

Votes: 47 26.4%

• Total voters

amitrandive

Priceless Things Money Cannot Buy

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/9-things-money-cannot-buy-184223502.html

Money only goes so far.Money can't buy love, if you ask The Beatles.

Or class, if you ask "Real Housewives" cast member Countess Luann.

And it can't buy happiness. (Although, according to psychology research, how you choose to spend it can do a certain amount in that area.)

Those can't be the only things without a price tag, can they?

Admittedly, you could argue that money simply can't buy anything that isn't for sale or that money can facilitate the acquisition of nearly anything, for sale or not.

But when a Quora user asked the community "What's the thing that money cannot buy?" users came up with a few more priceless desirables. Here are our favorites:

1. A healthy sense of self-worth

One Quora user describes how, after watching a TV show where the lead character bought a house, which was quickly followed by a marriage proposal, she also got a mortgage. "I thought I could buy the marriage proposal, too," she writes. "Instead of doing the internal work required, I thought my self-worth would come from the house. It bankrupted me." —Claudia Altucher

2. More time

In that it can help you outsource your tasks to spend your time how you prefer, money can buy you time. "However, none of us knows how long we have on this earth, so in that sense it cannot buy you more time to live." —Krystle Hannigan

3. Skill

"You can take classes in any art from the best teachers and coaches available, but only effort, sweat, and willpower can buy skill. Money can give you the freedom and time to practice things, and get you better gear and instruction, and buy you the tools that help facilitate skill but skill is only between you and the art. Money may or may not open the door, but only your effort and will can walk you through that door." —Josh Vogel

4. Real respect

"People might act as if they respect you, but what they respect is the power of money and not you as a person. Respect is earned through your actions." —Krystle Hannigan

5. Work-life balance

"You can earn millions or zillions of dollars, but that money cannot buy you work-life balance. You yourself have to manage it." —Arti Agarwal

6. A good reputation

Sure, you can buy a PR person to make you look good, but ultimately, your reputation will come down to you, "earned through how you deal with others." —Krystle Hannigan

7. Innocence

"The best things in life have no relation with money. The sad part, once you lose them, you can't get them back, no matter how much money you have." —Alok Pandey

8. Health

"... for a body ill cared for. All the money in the world won't fix that." —Anne W Zahra

9. Enough

One user tells a story about Joseph Heller, the author of famous novel "Catch-22." At a party full of wealthy young men, it was pointed out to him that one of the attendees probably earned more annually than the money Heller's books made him over a lifetime. " Joseph He ller looked at the 25 year old guy then said, 'But I have one thing that that man will never have.' His friend gave a sort of scoff and said, 'What could that possibly be?' And Joseph Heller said, 'Enough.'" —James Altucher

Catch22

Wish to share An interesting poem on Dollar …

Dear Humans,

I am the scariest thing society has ever seen!

I am the greenback, well, the dollar I mean.

I was created out of thin air.

I’ve been known to create much despair.

My mother is the Federal Reserve,

The corporatocracy she serves.

She is a private bank, not federal whatsoever.

Copulation between the two is the greatest financial crime ever.

I was born in debt.

Let’s not forget

that for every time I am produced,

It’s at interest; financial slavery it has induced.

It’s a system of self-generating debt.

For the people, it’s a threat.

The Federal Income the people have to pay,

Actually goes to the interest of the Federal Debt today!

The rest of my family — the banking cartels,

Are the criminals who put people in financial cells.

They control the money supply

And — surprisingly — the people comply.

They have a monopoly on the production of legal tender.

Blindfolds are placed on the citizens, naysayers called offenders.

Banks aren’t regulated any longer,

Thus they invent their own policy, making them stronger.

Before, I used to be printed

Based on how much gold was minted.

Now, I’m backed by nothing, except faith in a declining system; a zero, zilch, nada.

Tough to beat, the machine is protected by the corporate armada.

I am only important in this society,

Because resources are needed, otherwise, physical and emotional anxiety.

Without me,

one could not survive against life’s army.

Soldiers of torment,

Who withhold essential supplies and fragment

the social order;

leaving a few in prosperity and most in impoverished smolder.

But in reality, I am inconsequential.

Resources, abundance, love, sustainability: essential.

I am used in all countries

and yet I can’t grow on trees.

I cannot be eaten as a meal.

I provide no shelter, no nutrition, nor can I heal.

I dictate the lives of humanity.

A few have plenty while most wallets are empty.

So long as I exist,

the problems of the world will persist:

Poverty, war, greed, famine, and division.

The people tossed out like cut foreskins; economic circumcision.

I hope people never ask themselves what is truly indispensable.

For if they knew the answer, they’d no longer be insensible.

They will come to realize that resources are needed.

And that they’ve been cheated.

Taught to focus on intangible things,

Like corporate images, brands, and other nothings;

instead of focusing on natural resources that satisfy human wants and needs.

An intelligent management of the earth’s resources needs to proceed.

Until the masses wake up, I doubt that’d ever transpire

Because their thoughts are guided by the corporate empire.

They are kept shallow.

Black Friday they will follow.

Taught to consume and consume some more,

Environmental concerns they ignore.

My greatest enemy is a resource based economy.

I wouldn’t be needed and it would grant personal autonomy.

For the notion of money would be in the distant past.

Without me, pain, suffering, and misery couldn’t last.

Sincerely,

Money

amitrandive

Wish to share An interesting poem on Dollar …

Dear Humans,

I am the scariest thing society has ever seen!

I am the greenback, well, the dollar I mean.

I was created out of thin air.

I’ve been known to create much despair.

My greatest enemy is a resource based economy.

I wouldn’t be needed and it would grant personal autonomy.

For the notion of money would be in the distant past.

Without me, pain, suffering, and misery couldn’t last.

Sincerely,

Money
Wow !!!
Fantastic Poem.
:clap:

Brill

The only thing I need to know ,is that I don't know -Osho

Human beings are the only species that pay to live on the Earth-.G.Montessi

"Sometimes we need to escape to tranquility. Sometimes we need to hide from the noise.
Sometimes we need to run away from the structure and complacency.
Sometimes we need to press slow motion on life.
Sometimes we need to get lost in books. All the time we need to be kind.- Gino

We all wish to go to heaven, But none may want to die” –unknown

Learn from the mistakes done by others .You may not live long enough to do them all yourself -unknown

"Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year - and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!" -unknown

What is secret of succes? “by Right Decisions” How do you make right decisions? “by Experience” How do you get experience? “by Wrong Decisions”
Very good insightful quotes-makes me humble and kind. Thank you very much for this post - brill:clapping:

Brill

There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.

Albert Einstein

Personally i feel that everything is a miracle. Simply i can't imagine this huge Earth is moving at 30km/sec around Sun... true?

Jai Mata Di

" In life you need either inspiration or desperation. "

" It's in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. "

" Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. "

" There is no such thing as failure. There are only results. "

" Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers. "

" Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and committed decision. "

" Pain is a part of life, but suffering is an option. "

" The past does not equal the future unless you live there. "

" The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results. "

" Remember, the quality of your life is dependent upon the quality of the life of your cells. If the bloodstream is filled with waste products, the resulting environment does not promote a strong, vibrant, healthy cell life-nor a biochemistry capable of creating a balanced emotional life for an individual. "

" Want to learn to eat a lot? Here it is: Eat a little. That way, you will be around long enough to eat a lot. "

" The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives. "

" The most powerful force in the human personality is the need to remain consistent with how we define ourselves. "

" Whatever happens, take responsibility. "

" The quality of our lives is a direct reflection of the amount of uncertainty we can comfortably live with. "

- My favorite quotes by Anthony Robbins

The last quote is one of my most favorite. :)
That is why, no wonder there are many Super Rich Billionaire Traders/Investors/Hedge Fund Managers exist in this small World. :thumb:

H.C.

Last edited:

DSM

Thanks in order. Brilliant quotes. Will add to my collection while looking for inspiration / motivation.

" In life you need either inspiration or desperation. "

" It's in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. "

" Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible. "

" There is no such thing as failure. There are only results. "

" Quality questions create a quality life. Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers. "

" Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and committed decision. "

" Pain is a part of life, but suffering is an option. "

" The past does not equal the future unless you live there. "

" The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results. "

" Remember, the quality of your life is dependent upon the quality of the life of your cells. If the bloodstream is filled with waste products, the resulting environment does not promote a strong, vibrant, healthy cell life-nor a biochemistry capable of creating a balanced emotional life for an individual. "

" Want to learn to eat a lot? Here it is: Eat a little. That way, you will be around long enough to eat a lot. "

" The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives. "

" The most powerful force in the human personality is the need to remain consistent with how we define ourselves. "

" Whatever happens, take responsibility. "

" The quality of our lives is a direct reflection of the amount of uncertainty we can comfortably live with. "

- My favorite quotes by Anthony Robbins

The last quote is one of my most favorite. :)
That is why, no wonder there are many Super Rich Billionaire Traders/Investors/Hedge Fund Managers exist in this small World. :thumb:

H.C.