Advance Price Action Trading with Demand Supply & More

AlphaT

2 scenarios playing out in bank nifty today. Is this also an example of cap out reversal ? Lets see.
View attachment 38489
Take a look at the 5 min chart, the 30 min doesn't have a cap but the 5 min has the approach flag engulfed. Since this SZ does'nt have backing from the HTFs so need to be careful with shorting, at best a quick 2:1 scalp short with strict SL. The zone itself is quite compressed so taken the upper most portion to reduce zone width. Personally, I would refrain from taking a short here, but just for learning I expounded upon the observable PA.

1573027273025.png

primitivetrader

Take a look at the 5 min chart, the 30 min doesn't have a cap but the 5 min has the approach flag engulfed. Since this SZ does'nt have backing from the HTFs so need to be careful with shorting, at best a quick 2:1 scalp short with strict SL. The zone itself is quite compressed so taken the upper most portion to reduce zone width. Personally, I would refrain from taking a short here, but just for learning I expounded upon the observable PA.

View attachment 38490
"but the 5 min has the approach flag engulfed."
is this flag is the circled one on the left? if yes, what is the significance of this flag getting engulfed by approaching PA?

AlphaT

View attachment 38490
What's happening now is interesting! [Not a trade recommendation]

1573028002343.png

primitivetrader

No the circled portion was to highlight the compression at the zone. The blue check mark was the engulf of the approach flag!
can you please describe/explain the highlighted one and what is it significant?