Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

Hello murthymsr,
First of all let me thank you and Karthik for starting this informative and a vary useful thread for Amibroker. I wish to inform you that I have just downloaded the trial version of Amibroker. To get it going and do the analysis i need some historical database, I have gone through your posts nos.15,16,17 and 20 and have printed the instructions and downloaded the files attached to each of the above posts, inorder to get a pure database.
After I carry out the instructions in these posts, will that give me the pure, sectorwise, industrywise database? or first I have to get the historical data base(Source please?) and then carry out the above posts' instructions to purify it?
Please clarify,
Thanks
sharantaka

murthymsr

Hello murthymsr,
First of all let me thank you and Karthik for starting this informative and a vary useful thread for Amibroker. I wish to inform you that I have just downloaded the trial version of Amibroker. To get it going and do the analysis i need some historical database, I have gone through your posts nos.15,16,17 and 20 and have printed the instructions and downloaded the files attached to each of the above posts, inorder to get a pure database.
After I carry out the instructions in these posts, will that give me the pure, sectorwise, industrywise database? or first I have to get the historical data base(Source please?) and then carry out the above posts' instructions to purify it?
Please clarify,
Thanks
sharantaka
dear sharantaka,
thanks for your interest in AB and in a clean database, which is very essential for any Technical analisys. i give below the requirements in sequence.

1) you must have amobroker.

2) you must have a database, created by importing historical data from NSE.
you may do it on your own using one of the downloaders posted in the software section. alternately, soumya has posted a clean database for NSE, and referred by Siva in his earlier post. this data is clean as on that date posted with ALL bonus / splits adjusted till that date.

3) this database is to be updated dialy with EOD data from NSE. this may be done either by using one of the downloaders posted in SW section or by using soumya's data. please note that the format used by the two is different, but both are acceptable. so you may use the same method all the time, as the import into AB template to be used are different.

4) after importing EOD data into AB each day, the data may be checked / corrected for bonus / splits. the procedure for adjusting data for bonus / split is presented in the earlier posts in detail. after you complete as laid out in the procedure, you will have a clean database.

5) we have not talked about assigning industry / sectors for this database so far. this can be done now again by following the procedure explained by karthik. also, this industry / setor assignments are to be revised as more and more new stocks are traded through the IPO route or other routes.

6) you need not get any industry / sector assignment files from any other source other than what are pointed in this thread and the procedure outlined in this thread may have tobe followed strictly.

lastly, there is no shortcut to perfection and there is no shortcut to knowledge also.

all the best.

murthymsr

karthikmarar

Hi All

From today the following symbols will be changed. You can merge the old symbol with the new ones.

1. SAELTD changed to RPGLTD

2. SEARLIND changed to RPGLS

3. MOREPENHTL changed to BLUECOAST

regards

Karthik

all,
Need some help.
I am new user of Meta Stock Pro 9.0. I have installed it sucessfully. it was working properly. But all of a sudden now whenever i try to open Meta stock pro offline mode it tries to install esignal. & it look for esignal.msi. I have checked the installables but could not locate the same.
Can somebody help me on the same.
Regards,
Nilesh

karthikmarar

Hi All

Hope you have already taken care of the recent stock splits. If not following is the details of recent splits

INDHOTEL 1:10
ELECON 1:5
MUNJALSHOWA 1:5
NAVNETPUBL 1:5
ENKEI 1:2
TCI 1:5
GRAPHITE 1:5

Regards

karthik

nebujvs

Dear Karthik

I am a late reader of this forum. I followed your instructions for the procedure to setup the sectors and Industries for Amibroker with the attached zip file of your 15th Oct 2006 -12:41AM - massage.

Even though I got all sectors but it contains tickers which are not in that sector. The tickers found in a folder are basically in the same sector but its sector heading is extremely different.

For ex. in the Metal Minning sector
The tickers are
CANFINHOME
DEWANHOUS
GICHSGFIN
GRUH
HDFC
LICHSGFIN

PLS HELP
NEBU

karthikmarar

Hi Nebu

Looks like the sector have got shifted. All the stocks mentioned by you under the mining sectors should actually be under the Finanacila Institutions - housing.

I am unable to find a reason for this shift.

Anyway i am planning to provide the lastest list in a couple of days. You can then try with this new list.

warm regards

karthik