Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

rmike

Dear Karthik,
I Owe A Lot To This Thread And I Too Am Not Complaining, I Just Pointed Out Inconsistencies So As To Confirm That The Problem Does Not Lie With My Data Only. I Am Steadfast In My Heartfelt Appreciation To The People Who Have Contributed To This Thread. I Will Help Out As You Have Suggested. It May Take A Bit Of Time As I Am Leaving Town For A Couple Of Days In Connection With Work (we Middle Income Group Guys Do Have To Devote The Lion's Share Of Time To The Primary Work To Keep The Fires Burning :) ) However I Am Sure That Us Guys Will Finally Prevail To Win Profit With Unshakeable Persistence And Collaboration From The Big Bad Sharks Of The Stock World (amen!). Uploading a file for splits in 2007.It's a firefox htm file but I guess it should open in IE too. BTW does anyone know how to merge RIL with IPCL in the ratio 1:5 in Amibroker?
Regards,

Last edited:
Dear Karthik & Murthyji;

Thanks for starting such a nice Thread.
I am using Amibroker (Free) software & I like to learn all the possible afl's & analysis before purchasing it.

So I am eager to get the knowledge in this regard.

Thanks.
Hi ger06...

I have recently come across this forum and your message. Wish to know from where did you get the free version of Amibroker?
Is it still working fine for you?

Will really appreciate your response.

Deepakpatil76

Dear Deepak Patil
Namaskar

Pl. visit www.amibroker.com & download Amibroker 4.9
This free software works well with all charts & formula's without scan/explore
But it wont allow u to save the data.
Every time u have to import data from ur saved folder.

regards.
For details pl. pm me with ur email id.

Hello GER06,

i hav been using EI2000 frm technical trends(EOD){now subscription over}..it has data download n charting facility ..so nevr need to download data frn nse or yahoo or etc....thts why im getting problm wth amibroker..
so kindly get back to me abt AMIBROKER ,
i hav downloaded free amibroker(trial)..
my mail id is [email protected]

thnx in advance n

Regards,
sharestrader

Hi All

Finally we come to the actual procedure to setup the sectors and Industries for Amibroker.

We require 2 Amibroker files, One text file containing the industry details for the stocks and finally one afl to load the data into Amibroker. Following are the files

1. Broker.sectors - Ami file
2. Broker.Industries - Ami File
3. Stockindustry.txt - text file containg the industry details for the stocks
4. loaddata.afl - Afl for lading the sector and Industry data.

Following is the procedure

1,Backup file c:\Program Files\Amibroker\data\Broker.Workspace ( or d:\... wherever you AB is loaded)

2. Delete Broker.Workspace

(Or you can just rename the existing Broker.Workspace into something convenient to remember)

3. Backup and Delete broker.industries and broker.sectors from
c:\program files\Amibroker.
(Or just rename as mentioned before)

4. Copy the files new broker.sectors and broker.industries file to this dir.

5. Copy LoadData.afl into c:\programfiles\Amibroker\formulas\custom ( or d:\... wherever you AB is loaded)

6. Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file. Is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D.

7. Now open Amibroker.

8. By default, all the stocks will be in the 1st industry, Agro - Others. Move them to Industry 255 using menu item Symbol -> Organize assignments..

9. Open LoadData.afl for analysis. In the Analysis window, choose the following
Apply to: All stocks
Range : Last 200 quotes.

And then run the scan. This may take a few minutes depending on your computer speed.

10. Once the Scan is complete, check it your sector and Industry allocation.

The necessary files enclosed.

Please do let us know if you face any problem..

warm regards

karthik
I tried to do as given in the steps:
initially all the stocks are in AUTO->Fertilizers!
After running the afl, I get the sectors designated as
AGRI:-> Industry 95 -> BANKBEES(), BSCGAUG08A(), JUNIORBEES, LIQUIDBEES, NIFTYBEES etc.
AUTO:-> Fertilizers->AARVEEDEN, AFL, AFTEK, AGEEGOLD, AICHAMP, AKRUTI etc.

I dont know where/what am i doing wrong. but it seems that Industry of Fertilizer is in Auto, Lcvs/hcvs/tractors etc in Banking and so on. i.e. it is running one sector ahead..
pls help

HELLO,

Im posting again for help..i know lots of info available in ths thread..howevr i could get very lil..im getting diificulty at basics...
1)how to select symbol for stks(downloaed frm yahoo)
2)how to selcet market as NSE/BSE
reqd only EOD ..intrday dnt need it........

i hav been using EI2000 frm technical trends(EOD){now subscription over}..it has data download n charting facility ..so nevr need to download data frn nse or yahoo or etc....thts why im getting problm wth amibroker..
so kindly get back to me abt AMIBROKER ,
i hav downloaded free amibroker(trial)4.90..

so traderji or any membr who used amibroker .....plz help us step by step wth simple words ..i know asking too much..bt come forward n help
waiting for repliessssssssssssss
my mail id is [email protected]

thnx in advance n

Regards,
sharestrader

Hi Murthymsr,
i am trying to load both nse and bse data in metastock. But in bse data, the sectors are different than those you attached in "Files" file. I needed your help in defining sectors for industries listed in bse. I am attaching a file, just give it a glance and give me some suggestions: I downloaded the bse bhavcopy where all the industries are defined. Problem is which industry should be set in which sector.

regards
ashutosh

Last edited: