Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

sreperu

Hi Nebu

Looks like the sector have got shifted. All the stocks mentioned by you under the mining sectors should actually be under the Finanacila Institutions - housing.

I am unable to find a reason for this shift.

Anyway i am planning to provide the lastest list in a couple of days. You can then try with this new list.

warm regards

karthik
HI Karthik,
Recently I installed Ambibroker, Could you please help me to update the database into the software? Where can I get the complete data?
Thanks in advance!

Hello All,

In Amibroker, is there a way to print or export to Excel, the quick review analysis that one gets. Is there any way to track the main movers each day to decide on stock picks to trade just based on daily movements. For example Goldtech had moved steadily and if one saw this, would it have been a good trade?

thanks Jay

hi karthik, saji
i was reading a post by saji , wherein , he said that he maintains different databases for different markets.
my query is whether we can have NSE, BSE data in same database ?
if yes, how to do it(regarding symbols)?
regards

well raghav,
just make a single folder name nse-bse or any name u like.since ticker name is different there will not be any problem. u can differentiate them with nse bse market name.i do have this
and my regret for earlier post , i did'nt bother to look cleanup feature of ami.
rajneesh

karthikmarar

Hi Friends

Due to lack of time I am unable to provide regular updates on the NSE database. Even my own data base is now poorly maintained. neither I am able to answer all the queries.
Even murthy seems to be very tied up as he is not seen in the forum for the last couple of weeks. The objective of this thread is being lost... My apologies..

regards

Karthik

rmike

Dear Karthik, Murthy And All Members Who Contributed To This Thread, Since I Am A 'johnny Come Lately' I Had The Benefit Of Hindsight Regarding The Information In This Thread. I Have Followed The Instructions Regarding Population Of Amibroker's Database With Clean Data. I Would Like To Submit A Couple Of Observations,
1. The Seed Data Used Was The 'clean' File Posted By Soumya, The Rest Was Populated Using Files From Yahoo Nse-bse Group. However The Data Is Not Squeaky Clean As There Are Ohlc Relationship Violations(can Be Disregarded As Most Of These Are In The Nineties), A Couple Of Splits/bonus Issues Of Shares Had Been Missed Out And Few Shares Are Indicating Extra Or Missed Quotes (used Bhel/nifty As Reference).
2. I Ran The Afl Of All My Stocks. The Results As On 10 Mar 07 Were Then Compared With The List(share By Share). Came Up With A Few Stocks Which Are Shown As Not Traded Which Were In The List(some Since 2006) I Guess Could Be Due To Symbol Change. However I Could Not Find Confirmation On The Net (enclosing The List).
3. The Idea Is Not To Give Offense But To Bring Out Some Inconsistencies (maybe In My Data Only) As Clean Data Is The Source For All Our Endeavours.
4. I Must Say It's A Shame That This Thread Has Not Been Contributed To For Quite Some Time As In My Opinion I Found This Thread To Be The Central Underpinning Of The Whole Trading 'raison D'etre'. A Few Requests, If Feasible,
1 Experienced Members Contributing To This Thread May Think Of Posting Updates To Symbol Changes, New Listings, And Splits/bonuses Since The Last Info.(maybe This Info Could Be Used As A Sticky Post Service For All Concerned (just A Thought!) I Suggest This Because Some Of Us May Not Be As Net Or Computer Savvy As Others And Would Not Be Able To Find All The Info.
Speaking For Myself, I Would Be Glad To Contribute In Whichever Way I Can With The Constraints Of My Limited Abilities.
Kudos To The People Who Made This Thread A Real Masterpiece Of An Act Of Selfless Service For The 'newbies'
Regards,

karthikmarar

Dear Karthik, Murthy And All Members Who Contributed To This Thread, .......... I Would Like To Submit A Couple Of Observations,
......... I Must Say It's A Shame That This Thread Has Not Been Contributed To For Quite Some Time As In My Opinion I Found This Thread To Be The Central Underpinning Of The Whole Trading 'raison D'etre'. A Few Requests, If Feasible,
.......Speaking For Myself, I Would Be Glad To Contribute In Whichever Way I Can With The Constraints Of My Limited Abilities.
Kudos To The People Who Made This Thread A Real Masterpiece Of An Act Of Selfless Service For The 'newbies'
Regards,
Dear Mike

This thread was a joint effort by myself and murthy. The intention was to help everybody to keep an updated clean database for Amibroker. However I am currently going trhough one of the busiest time of my career and could not continue posting the updates. Murthy too suddenly became inaccessable and I am worried for his health as there is no replies to my mails too.

Yes, there are many inconsistancies. When we started the thread I had a clean updated database for the last four years which I had shared with many. Then I uploaded soumya's clean database since it contained data starting from the ninites. I found that this database had lot of delisted/ namechanged / merged stocks. I am not complaining and just stating the fact. soumya's contribution to the forum is huge and highly commendable.

It will be nice if you can contribute to keep this thread alive as that will help many memebers. But first we have to allocate the sector and industry for the newlisting from december. Then we can issue a new sector and industry files using which the members can update their database. If somebody can post a list of newlisting / namechanges / mergers from december I can put some effort to allocate the Industry and sector to these stocks.

warm regards

Karthik