Be careful while buying Market data provider data feed

Market data provider data feed little hack

anyone thinking to buy mdp should be really careful for three reasons
1)their data is inconsistent ,not accurate.The intraday and eod charts often show huge volume divergence.
2)their staff is more on the arrogant side and hardly any helpful.May be cause they are all Americans and think of Indians as dumb villagers.
3) this is the most preposterous company I have seen ever in my life.I tell u why.A few months back I had started using real time data and was using MEtastock with Quotecenter.Its cost per month is (13$5-data +100$ software +20$ nse charges)=$255 per month.Since i am a beginner This monthly expense was a a bit on the higher side.So I decided to use the mdp trial account.Their feed is not fully compatible with the METAstock.Because charts with daily periodicity do not update real time and intradya charts when update (every second or two),they make the whole screen blink.Which is absolutely not desirable.So their support told me to use amibroker .While on the trial period itself I made a huge effort to learn the amibroker software and convert My metastock custom indicators to Amibroker language.When my trial expired And I paid with my credit card,it got debited for the amount.But my account nt activated.When I contact them,They told me I cannot subscribe to their product because I have used more than allowed time availabel for support.They say my server blacklisted them .I am still waiting for my refund.
The support time was more because during the trial period I used to report all the data discrepancies I used to observe,for which they had no reply.lo of my volume based studies were showing huge divergences with same studies in metastock,and I used to report to them.My be they got irritated.
So i would recommend that if u are a really serious investor go for authentic feed like quotecenter or esignal and remain wary of such unscrupulus vendors like mdp.U can also think about it if expenses are a concern and u are i the process of transformation to a serious player.
Hi,

Check with their support.they wont tell u actual reason but mostly its mutiple login using different systems on same ip.

If you try mutiple logins they shall blacklist you and would refund any subs immediately when u pay. that must be ur case.

you didnt mention if you recieved email from paypal or not for refund??

They use paypal, so paypal shall automatically send you refund information and within 3-4 days it shall reflect in your credit card also.

I shall tell you a solution.if you dont use a Static IP, Just Dicsonnect your internet.Make Sure Ur IP has Changed. run CMD/IPCONFIG /ALL .

tell them that your .net framework is corrupt and you need to reinstall DP. they give you a different cleanup application.

Use that and it shall wipe out their old registry information and then you register through any reseller of thiers.

MDP is worth of money anytime.

Re: Market data provider data feed little hack

Hi,

Check with their support.they wont tell u actual reason but mostly its mutiple login using different systems on same ip.

If you try mutiple logins they shall blacklist you and would refund any subs immediately when u pay. that must be ur case.

you didnt mention if you recieved email from paypal or not for refund??

They use paypal, so paypal shall automatically send you refund information and within 3-4 days it shall reflect in your credit card also.

I shall tell you a solution.if you dont use a Static IP, Just Dicsonnect your internet.Make Sure Ur IP has Changed. run CMD/IPCONFIG /ALL .

tell them that your .net framework is corrupt and you need to reinstall DP. they give you a different cleanup application.

Use that and it shall wipe out their old registry information and then you register through any reseller of thiers.

MDP is worth of money anytime.
Well Rashmi, I agree that its a decent service for its price ,but now its out of my radar,'cause the last thing I want is automating my trading system and backtesting my trading system using incorrect data.They claim their data is from NSE sometimes and sometimes they say its from a vendor and we are just transfrring it to u.Their nse eod data itself is around 5% variance compared to data available on NSE's website.Lets not even talk about their intraday data.There is zero variance of nse data with quotecenter. You cannot rate a product as of high standards without comparing it with authntic sources line NSE website,QUOtecente,ESIGNAl.This is only for amateurs.
I am now looking for more info on ESignal,have learnt that its cheaper than quotecenter.If anyone can tell what esignal package works with amibroker as realtime feed.:thanx:

Hi,

why would I use multiple logins?,I used it only on one computer .The reason is the same as I mentioned in my post.They themselves told me that.

bunny

well they are a company based in houston texas.They claim to have 74000 clients .They refused t oallow me to take subscription citing they have a huge clients and that they r not desirable of a client like me.
Actually, it means that their site is hosted on a server which is located in a datacenter in Houston. :rofl:

That way, even I can say "Bunny owns and operates many web-sites based in the US". <-- This is actually a very nice statement to be put on my CV/biodata :p

They are desis with american "avatars" :D

Actually, it means that their site is hosted on a server which is located in a datacenter in Houston. :rofl:

That way, even I can say "Bunny owns and operates many web-sites based in the US". <-- This is actually a very nice statement to be put on my CV/biodata :p

They are desis with american "avatars" :D
that does'nt make their product a whit better

Well Rashmi, I agree that its a decent service for its price ,but now its out of my radar,'cause the last thing I want is automating my trading system and backtesting my trading system using incorrect data.They claim their data is from NSE sometimes and sometimes they say its from a vendor and we are just transfrring it to u.Their nse eod data itself is around 5% variance compared to data available on NSE's website.Lets not even talk about their intraday data.There is zero variance of nse data with quotecenter. You cannot rate a product as of high standards without comparing it with authntic sources line NSE website,QUOtecente,ESIGNAl.This is only for amateurs.
I am now looking for more info on ESignal,have learnt that its cheaper than quotecenter.If anyone can tell what esignal package works with amibroker as realtime feed.:thanx:
Totally agree with you man, with automated trading systems the last thing one needs is garbage data :D
Coming back to your question, eSignal comes to $125(monthly sub) + $16 (BSE) + $23(NSE). With this you also get the esignal charting software. I think one can get "just" the data for less. You'd have to ask the customer reps.
eSignal is compatible with AmiBroker as well. Check its documentation or ask someone here. Some very helpful guys here :)

Cheerio

One of the "promoters/owner/stakeholder" of MDP is an officer in Indian Railways.
Now I know why there service is so cheap,substandard,unreliable.Its the Indian railways stupid( not u),cattle class for the masses.

Totally agree with you man, with automated trading systems the last thing one needs is garbage data :D
Coming back to your question, eSignal comes to $125(monthly sub) + $16 (BSE) + $23(NSE). With this you also get the esignal charting software. I think one can get "just" the data for less. You'd have to ask the customer reps.
eSignal is compatible with AmiBroker as well. Check its documentation or ask someone here. Some very helpful guys here :)

Cheerio
Thanks for ur reply .Well if the cost is 125$ per month then its not substantially cheaper than quotecenter($135+20$ nse charge)/month.I read one post here(aircraft) which says that esignal subscription is available for as low as RS 21000/year.I am waiting to confirm which data package is that.There is one actaully available on esignal.com viz livecharts for as low as 20$/month+23$ exchange fees.its not a charting suite ,but just data feed.If thats true then its made my day.