Biggest Loss in SBI - Day Trading

TraderRavi

low risk profile
mr. raju learn a good chapter like no to over-trading i have also lossed in biocon ltd

have courage
Overtrading - I have learned it hard way.

Raju
4-5 months ago, I got 11000 profit in just 30 mins, trading 20 lots nifty options,......even after booking this profit I continued trading in this option.....result 1500 loss including brokerage....thats the power of overtrading.....for this, punishment is poverty...;)

4-5 months ago, I got 11000 profit in just 30 mins, trading 20 lots nifty options,......even after booking this profit I continued trading in this option.....result 1500 loss including brokerage....thats the power of overtrading.....for this, punishment is poverty...;)

1500 loss including brokerage against 11000 profit how can that be a punishment:D if this is punishment then May God give this punishment to all the guys loosing everyday:D

Raju

The Day I lost 55000/- in few mins ..profit was seen to be 6000/-..I was overconfident and lalchi , so allowed the profit to turn loss as in that week was in huge profit.

But currently no problem ..for last 2-3 weeks though not much in profit but loss amt is also less as per rules.

Infact after that loss I am becoming more and more disciplined.Execution is improving as qty is less and emotion play is decreasing.

Raju

Raju

Actual Trade - Minifty , made some profit.
Paper Trade - Minifty , made loss.Was not sure of trade so paper traded

Someone had written ,

"I think it's important to take profits because markets take them away nine out of 10 times"

So taken small profit ...Cannot recognize which are big/small moves..Study required..

Raju

Raju

Actual Trade - Minifty , made some profit.
Actual Trade - Options Stop Loss hit.Range was very narrow.

Total loss today - 83/-

Stopped trading for the day as per rule..Not much movement , better to stay out.

Raju

Raju

VJAY,

I have uploaded 1 min chart as discussed.Please bear in mind I am also learning , so my trades/assumption entry/exit may or may not suit other person trading method.I am learning with just 1-2 lots of PE/CE or Minifty 1-2 lots or cash ver less quantity.

Thanks,
Raju

S

satheeshnair

lost chance of 2500 sbi, still waiting for the same to invest. bought @2746..patience is very important

Raju

lost chance of 2500 sbi, still waiting for the same to invest. bought @2746..patience is very important
Patience is very important .I wait for signals to tell me when to buy.
Earlier I was like a addict wanted to be in trade every now and then , but after trading for some time have become matured and wait patiently for signal to develop.

Important is many false signals develop, again have to wait for high probable.

Many oppor. come , market doesn't run away.So yes wait for the correct signal.

Today's trades - earn some profit in options - nifty.
Was long in banknifty but power outage made me book loss.After setup of dual monitor now have plans to buy good UPS or a good Laptop..

Raju

Last edited:

Raju

Good Day Today..

Profit of 944/- after BR & Tax.

In Techniques of Tape Reading it was written
"Don’t let the outcome of one trade alter your trading discipline"

This is a lesson which after review of the trades done uptil now teaches me..
Good trades do boost our confidence, but remain careful/disciplined , else overconfidence becomes our main enemy ..

Raju