Come into the Trader's Den

SwingKing

I don't know if Jim Rogers is "God" or is anywhere next to God. But if he says that India will not survive for the next 30-40 years then I would request him to re-visit our history and note something.

Many times in previous decades world has completely written off India. We were looted, cheated and left in a state where no other country could survive. Survive they say, "Ah! We have done much better than that". And in 63 Years of Independence we are beaming and knocking the doors of so called Super powers to tell them that the time is our's, the moment is our's and no one can deny us that. We still remain as humble as always, because our strength lies in accommodating all facets of society and adjusting in every situation to emerge as winners. This is the strength of India and this is something which can never be taken away. As an Indian, I believe I understand the pulse of India better than Mr. Rogers.

Tc

DanPickUp

I don't know if Jim Rogers is "God" or is anywhere next to God. But if he says that India will not survive for the next 30-40 years then I would request him to re-visit our history and note something.

Many times in previous decades world has completely written off India. We were looted, cheated and left in a state where no other country could survive. Survive they say, "Ah! We have done much better than that". And in 63 Years of Independence we are beaming and knocking the doors of so called Super powers to tell them that the time is our's, the moment is our's and no one can deny us that. We still remain as humble as always, because our strength lies in accommodating all facets of society and adjusting in every situation to emerge as winners. This is the strength of India and this is something which can never be taken away. As an Indian, I believe I understand the pulse of India better than Mr. Rogers.

Tc
Hi raunakagarwal

I am not Indian, what most of you any way have realized by the way I act and even then, I am and all of my friends are on your side at any time, when it should come to the point, to stay for India or not to stay for India.

India has great persons and some of the best business people and even traders/investors are from India.

If you think this is not possible, check once who is the chief investment adviser of the German Bank. Just a cat jump away from here where I am. Even check Forbes list about the most richest people in the world. All Indians and very clever once.

As a foreigner, I only can say, that your country has a very highly and most positive acceptance and reference in the European world.

I do not know any person, which has such ideas like this guy and even would have the right to talk like that.

So, forget about such stuff.

Enjoy your weekend and forget about Mr. Who was his name.

DanPickUp

Last edited:

Rkji

Hi raunakagarwal

As a foreigner, I only can say, that your country has a very highly and most positive acceptance and reference in the European world....

Enjoy your weekend and forget about Mr. Who was his name.

DanPickUp
Dan

Thanks a lot from the bottom of my heart for praising my country & the positive acceptance that you have referred.

As Indians we always welcome people from abroad with open hearts & there is a LOT to offer in this country which you have already discovered. The culture & inheritance of india is amazing.

I have been to Europe & was warmly welcomed by everyone there as I have family over there. I am aware that indians ain' t looked over the same as they used to some time back & acceptance has started in most of the areas.

well, i see my country growing very strongly & has produced some of the richest people in the world & that makes me proud. i love my india !

Enjoy your weekend & try south indian food if you haven' t
:)

regards
rishi

Last edited:

Tc
We are still being looted and cheated, now by our own politicians. Look at the CWG scandal.:annoyed:

Rkji

I don't know if Jim Rogers is "God" or is anywhere next to God. But if he says that India will not survive for the next 30-40 years then I would request him to re-visit our history and note something....

As an Indian, I believe I understand the pulse of India better than Mr. Rogers.

Tc

:clapping:

D

darkstar

Hi

To get an answer to the last question, I send some e-mails to different people and I bought a book, which gives more to that question.

The book is from James Cordier and Michael Gross : The complete guide to option selling.

So I am done with that.

----------

Now to the next one :

Consider the following: As a trader you are in a business. Your strongest opponent has plenty of capital. He follows a program and he does it without emotion. He is totally aware of the fact that no one knows where the next tick will fall.

Whereas he usually has good insights regarding the major forces that drive the market, he does not fool himself into thinking he can explain the vagrancies of price movement intra day or even from day to day. He knows that no one truly can.

The successful day trader has learned his lessons by actually trading. This is a business driven by fear, greed, and selfishness, and very few worthwhile pointers are given out by the industry, other traders, or the myriad of so-called trading gurus who plague the pages of trading magazines and pages of their websites. The most valuable information is closely guarded and not often put in books or on web pages.

Learning about day trading is a forever experience. As the markets change and as we adjust to them, we learn. The learning is ongoing. It stops only when you no longer trade. During the time we day trade we can always improve. Trading is a great business for those who master it, and those who master it are traders who have mastered themselves. ( Originally written from Joe Ross, an other great trader in this world )

Take care
that is the whole truth of trading

When you pause to think for a moment, you realise that to make money in the market you have to get three things right: direction, time and length of the move. Direction is obvious. If you have a system of setting target for a move you will also set a stop loss. The target has to be hit before the SL is hit. That would define the direction. Same way you will have the time frame of your trade in your mind. If you are a day trader, the target has to be achieved the same day. That hold true for any time frame that you trade in. For a trade to be successful, each of the three parameters, direction, length of move and time of move has to be correct. If we look at all options, here I go with my favourite current theme of probability

D L T
C C C
C W W
C W C
C C W
W W W
W C C
W C W
W W C

The header of the column standing for D (Direction), L (Length of move) and T (Time of move). C stands for correct and W for wrong. Half the time you may get the direction right, but that is not enough. If you got the direction right but the time or the length wrong you sink. Money gets made when we hit C C C for all the three parameters. That chance is one in eight. 12% of the time.

Just some food for thought.

DanPickUp

When you pause to think for a moment, you realise that to make money in the market you have to get three things right: direction, time and length of the move. Direction is obvious. If you have a system of setting target for a move you will also set a stop loss. The target has to be hit before the SL is hit. That would define the direction. Same way you will have the time frame of your trade in your mind. If you are a day trader, the target has to be achieved the same day. That hold true for any time frame that you trade in. For a trade to be successful, each of the three parameters, direction, length of move and time of move has to be correct. If we look at all options, here I go with my favourite current theme of probability

D L T
C C C
C W W
C W C
C C W
W W W
W C C
W C W
W W C

The header of the column standing for D (Direction), L (Length of move) and T (Time of move). C stands for correct and W for wrong. Half the time you may get the direction right, but that is not enough. If you got the direction right but the time or the length wrong you sink. Money gets made when we hit C C C for all the three parameters. That chance is one in eight. 12% of the time.

Hi TT

Direction we trade with stop loss or synthetic.

Length we trade with probability, volatility or some other maths.

Time we define on the chart we trade.

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Hi TT

Direction we trade with stop loss or synthetic.

Length we trade with probability, volatility or some other maths.

Time we define on the chart we trade.

DanPickUp
Just adding to what Dan and TT were discussing.

TT I enjoy your "probability" oriented posts a lot. Keep them going.

Anyway, I don't think the combinations you mentioned are practically valid. Now, going by what Dan has mentioned, there are two things which are in our hands out of the three mentioned. THat is, we know which Time we trade (hence we also know what our targets should likely be), we also know what volatility should do (keeping in mind that volatility is more easily predictable than price).

We are left with Direction, which in my opinion forms the crux. Statistically predicting direction holds a 50-50 odd, but in reality, it is here where majority of traders go wrong. Once one figures out a way to get direction right, then Time and volatility can contribute further to enhance profitability.

Tc