Day Trading Stocks & Futures

aja

I remain always confused between what to trade-

BNF remain in range and suddenly spikes
NF is a torture-tuk tuk mode
Cash Market has many scrips,not possible to monitor which stock is running etc

BNF has a slippage issue even with a single lot
NF has SL hit problem,NF options are very costly for scalping.
Cash Market we end up giving too much STT :annoyed:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

All problems will vanish if we somehow learn to get those big winners on our side, intraday should be one of the ways to trade, not exclusive, I feel that if one also trades at least one of the two, swing/positional, there is definitely improvement in some traits - one's patience level, waiting game before and after a trade is taken, these traits are must to win intraday, at the same time its most difficult to develop those trading only intraday.

travi

travi how many % of your trades in BNF move (in a large sample say in a month of feb etc)
a) for > 20 points
b) for > 30 points
c) for > 50 points

not exits just MFE
for example the trade may move in favour 50 points but your TSL hit @30 , so max points in favour was 50.
I did an analysis on 60 trades in BNF. I want to check as we use price action only not mechanical method to backtest so whats people hit rate.
Off late if you have noticed, our entries have become more refined. Entries are break of zones and they are mostly the BRN.

Now I look at this 2,
1. 99% of all entries will easily give you a chance to move to BE, infact, that's why I have many BE trades.
so, for a low confidence entry, I'll do this.
Eg. When BNF is in tuk tum timezones 10-12 or post 2.30 if no spike in the day etc
2. For high confidence moves, the PB are roughly 15-25 pts, and most of my moves used to cause ISL hits which dents your capital bcos ISL used to be tighter and then you have MFE.
s for this 20-30pts is ISL usually.

Not just FEB, a longer period, bcos nowadays we're doing mostly 2 trades per day avg.
You know I trail tight, hit TSL and choose to re-enter bcos whips have become really wide (so re-entries counted as one trade, I've had 2nd entry, and like the other day we did 300pts, 3 entries but that's rare.)

a) for > 20 points, lets call this upto 25pts Its funny but this is 95%
b) for > 30 points: This is like 55%
c) for > 50 points: This is 10% (We're getting better at catching high probability trades, like the morning, 12:30 or 2:30 ones)
and there are move where we are caught napping but those will mostly be 30-50pts
also note, most entire moves from high to low are longer, but around 20-25 pts are lost to direction before entry.
Eg. Generally, I entry at 10-15 pts more are BO/BD of level.

travi

I'll tell you my secret, take any one scrip, and trade it as per your system religiously without bias. You'll adapt to it.
NF is easier to handle but more tuk-tuk, BNF, I've explained in above post.

rjshem

I am confused, pls guide.

According to maths common sense, which scenario has higher profits ?

1. small sl scalp trades with 2.2R as reward.

2. large sl ( less qty) trend trading, with adds at each possible logical point and waiting for tsl hit or auto sq off.

Assume both have 40% win rate.
No. of trades in 1st scenario is higher and correct timing of entry is imp.

:thanx:
Y dont u backtest urself with ur entry setups use atleast 6 months to 1 year.itll give u clear picture and understanding.looks as u have got a little disciplined ur mind started its games the mind always want to throw us off our trade plan. :) all ur confusion should be before ur plan looks u have not done much work on ur 2x exit part before using in ur trade plan.

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Off late if you have noticed, our entries have become more refined. Entries are break of zones and they are mostly the BRN.

1. 99% of all entries will easily give you a chance to move to BE, infact, that's why I have many BE trades.
so, for a low confidence entry, I'll do this.
means you have only 1 loss trade out of 100 trades :confused:
but mine 50% or more are losers

pannet1

In sales they say that you need to meet 14 decision makers and you will get 2-3 customers.

If you have back tested your strategy you should have confidence that before you reach X number of loosing trades your big winner is going to come. Actually the fear should be that you should not try to get more loosing trades without signal, just to get that big winner.

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Y dont u backtest urself with ur entry setups use atleast 6 months to 1 year.itll give u clear picture and understanding.looks as u have got a little disciplined ur mind started its games the mind always want to throw us off our trade plan. :) all ur confusion should be before ur plan looks u have not done much work on ur 2x exit part before using in ur trade plan.
Right sir, 2x exit plan pe 100% work nahi kiya as some part of the mind is asking me to capture these types of moves.

As u also said before , lot of patience is needed to wait for these days...

XRAY27