Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

Gold is waste of Indian wealth. a) you need to spend foreign currency to buy it, b) it's non-productive and doesn't add to GDP growth
If you have any gold which you think is a waste, Please call me :p

Gold is a safe haven. Its not meant to be very productive like a FD or Mutual funds. When shit hits the fan, its gold all the way.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
If you have any gold which you think is a waste, Please call me :p

Gold is a safe haven. Its not meant to be very productive like a FD or Mutual funds. When shit hits the fan, its gold all the way.
bhai investment point of view se it's a waste of opportunity. Return in Gold is way less then even FD

edit: looks like you edited before I could respond :p

Riskyman

@siddhant4u If you will remember, Me and Vikas bhai were posting Gold charts back on oct. I had buy at 1230usd/oz odd levels. Its up about 8-9% so far.

Agreed that in the Indian scenario where we have high inflation, a modest return of 3-4% on Gold doesn't justify holding it. However, Gold has now returned 8-9% when Inflation is 6%.

vikas2131

@siddhant4u If you will remember, Me and Vikas bhai were posting Gold charts back on oct. I had buy at 1230 odd levels. Its up about 8-9% so far.

Agreed that in the Indian scenario where we have high inflation, a modest return of 3-4% on Gold doesn't justify holding it. However, Gold has now returned 8-9% when Inflation is 6%.
We had a decade of bull market and another one is going to start in coming years.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
@siddhant4u If you will remember, Me and Vikas bhai were posting Gold charts back on oct. I had buy at 1230usd/oz odd levels. Its up about 8-9% so far.

Agree, but for general public which keep on accumulating gold, doesn't give long term returns better than other instruments. They could be better off investing in share market.

For traders or large portfolio holders' I agree some portion should be Gold.