Day Trading Stocks & Futures

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Nifty from 2002 to date has given 1000% return.

I was marely pointing that people of India want to stop buying foreign goods to save forex (Ramdev baba comes to mind) however biggest drain on Forex is Oil and Gold. Modi govt had started good initiatives last time around allowing to invest in paper gold backed by govt. This also gives 2.5% interest on top of matching market gold prices.

Sovereign gold scheme is better than buying physical gold. As shopkeeper will not give you 24k, plus no making charges.

Our family wanted to sell all our gold ornaments and had approached a jeweller for the same as we feel that we have much better investment avenues and we dont want to lock up funds in gold...but the jeweller takes only gold bought from them and also there is huge buy/sell gap or "gala" on the price of gold which they are selling now....plus some stuff like you buy an ornament from us for equivalent amount and again sell back to us at lower amount...no clear deals so decided against it...we want all clear deals with proper tax and receipt...we have maintained receipts for all gold we have ( including the gold which came as streedhan and all is bought in white) so we want clear transactions.

Smart_trade

Riskyman

Nifty from 2002 to date has given 1000% return.
Hahaha Siddhant bhai... You, Me and ST bhai are all traders because of which we can make comparisons with Nifty returns etc. For many people in our country, Gold is a good investment. This is more the case in smaller towns/villages etc specially with people who have girl childs. They need the gold for the girl Shaadi etc. So sometimes, they look beyond yearly returns and focus on the security the Gold asset provides. Thats all.

For an informed investor such as yourself, you have plenty other options.

@Smart_trade Very true about making charges for ornaments. I keep telling all my folks to buy Gold biscuits/coins rather than buy ornaments. BUT, they go buy ornaments anways and keep it in the locker and not even wear it :(
We have not bought even a single gram of gold in last 15 years...

ST

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Hahaha Siddhant bhai... You, Me and ST bhai are all traders because of which we can make comparisons with Nifty returns etc. For many people in our country, Gold is a good investment. This is more the case in smaller towns/villages etc specially with people who have girl childs. They need the gold for the girl Shaadi etc. So sometimes, they look beyond yearly returns and focus on the security the Gold asset provides. Thats all.

For an informed investor such as yourself, you have plenty other options.

That's why Sovereign gold scheme should be made available at every jewellers' shop if not at least all post offices too. Demat, stock traded paper gold all this are mumbo-jumbo words for commoners.

Riskyman

Weak/Late monsoon is very scary. I was in coastal karnataka for a few days and there is absolute scarcity of water. Tough to believe there is scarcity in the western ghats. Most of the wells have dried up and there is no concept of corporation water in many places. The situation is very bad and getting worse. Of course its not a drought but for a place where there was always an over abundant supply of water all year, this is a new phenomena.

iwillwin

We have not bought even a single gram of gold in last 15 years...

ST
Sir everyone family understanding are different....in my family, most of the occasion birthday, anniversary etc current gold rates are looked upon....
Though I don't have much accumulation but such is liking for gold ...there was a time when gold was considered equivalent to property/real estate