Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

Agree, but for general public which keep on accumulating gold, doesn't give long term returns better than other instruments. They could be better off investing in share market.

For traders or large portfolio holders' I agree some portion should be Gold.
Bhai, from 2002 till now i.e 16-17 years Gold has turned about 450% returns.

travi

Agree, but for general public which keep on accumulating gold, doesn't give long term returns better than other instruments. They could be better off investing in share market.

For traders or large portfolio holders' I agree some portion should be Gold.
I dont think anyone is disagreeing with you. Its not the best avenue to be investing in, but it depends on which period also.

2 decades back if you bought Gold is very different from last 8-10yrs. Back then FD also was giving,
now back-2-back ads of "MF, sahi hai !!" sahi hai, kidney bech ke 12000 pe pura maal kharid lo, "Sahi hai !!"

Bhai, from 2002 till now i.e 16-17 years Gold has turned about 450% returns.
I bought an additional residential flat in 2002 and in present down market it still has buyers for 9 times the price at which it was bought..I am still holding it and using it as my trading office as it is next door to where I live.....stocks have given much more returns......and trading probably gives 450 % in 2 year or less may be...

Smart_trade

Riskyman

I bought an additional residential flat in 2002 and in present down market it still has buyers for 9 times the price at which it was bought..I am still holding it and using it as my trading office as it is next door to where I live.....stocks have given much more returns......and trading probably gives 450 % in 2 year or less may be...

Smart_trade
The question was not if something was better than the other.
We were talking about Gold from common man's perspective i.e for those who are not as proficient as you/someone else at trading or those who dont have big money to buy a flat etc.

Anyways, we all have our ways of looking at things. I think each individual needs to access his risk profile and invest accordingly.