Day Trading Stocks & Futures

kharikumaar

All in your Mind... there is no such thing. Thinking about all this clouds your judgement. When your trades work, do you think your volume took out the stop hunters and the Fiis, and the Diis?
Forget all this and just listen to charts, yes listen, not see, as charts speak to you, once you give yourself a few thousand hours of screen time over a few years.

i get your point. the thing is though i tried for many years i am not able to jell with the candles and charts method of trading. i had to look at a different way and am quite happy with the system i use which may be a bit unothodox.
just like you said about listening to the charts , thats more or less what i do with this method; though i look at the market movement take into consideration what some other indicators are trying to convey and get an overall sense of what the market is trying to say, a sort of feeling about it. it has been fairly good and successful and profitable for me . of course just like any i dont say its a great or flawless method but it has worked

vikas2131

https://www.livemint.com/budget/new...panies-in-the-union-budget-1560108756647.html

Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman won’t cut the tax rate for large companies to 25% from 30% in theforthcoming budget and may raise the long-term capital gains tax, as the government grapples with a potential revenue shortfall and additional spending commitments.

The Narendra Modi administration is exploring ways to garner more tax revenue either by tapping new sources or by digging into existing ones, a person familiar with the discussions in the government said on condition of anonymity.

vikas2131

https://www.livemint.com/budget/new...panies-in-the-union-budget-1560108756647.html

Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman won’t cut the tax rate for large companies to 25% from 30% in theforthcoming budget and may raise the long-term capital gains tax, as the government grapples with a potential revenue shortfall and additional spending commitments.

The Narendra Modi administration is exploring ways to garner more tax revenue either by tapping new sources or by digging into existing ones, a person familiar with the discussions in the government said on condition of anonymity.
Tax cut hahahahah

kharikumaar

If I am not wrong you look at highest volume strikes
And current strikes with highest volumes are Nifty@12000 ce and BN @31500 ce. So both giving upside view.
where is the confusion ? Are any considering any additional filter/parameter like chg oi ?
yes you are right. but i base my decisions on many other factors also like the change in oi etc., but the volume generally gives a broad indication of the general direction. i have seen it can sometimes happen a couple of days later. but it gives a reasonable sense of direction. it need not be correct all the time. it is just one of the pointers to look at :D