Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Stopping usage of one time use plastics is going to cost India 70 lakh jobs, saw on a channel yesterday. Best of Luck India... If such decisions are taken by the government, I am sure India will become a 10000 trillion economy in 3 months
We dont need development/GDP growth sacrificing environment.
We cant avoid environmental damage but we should welcome decisions that can help to reduce this damage.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Stopping usage of one time use plastics is going to cost India 70 lakh jobs, saw on a channel yesterday. Best of Luck India... If such decisions are taken by the government, I am sure India will become a 10000 trillion economy in 3 months
single use plastic should be banned. But I doubt govt could impose heavy fine on likes of Coca Cola and pepsi for soft drink bottles and mineral water bottles..
It's ban on single use plastic and not all plastic, they will revise the term 'un-recyclable' plastic and everything should be fine.

gautam7821

Will FMCG company stop doing business , Obviously No . They will find some eco-friendly alternatives. While going for green we have to bear some cost.

single use plastic should be banned. But I doubt govt could impose heavy fine on likes of Coca Cola and pepsi for soft drink bottles and mineral water bottles..
It's ban on single use plastic and not all plastic, they will revise the term 'un-recyclable' plastic and everything should be fine.
Biscuits, Maggi, chips, ban them too, why only plastic bags?
Ask people in the manufacturing sector, who get components singularly packed in plastic packaging. They will have to raise pricesas their components supplier will have to use something else

I had to go to 3 flower shops to get a rose for my wife packed in plastic. Try giving your girl a rose which is not packed in plastic, you are not getting any pleasant looks. Paper wrapping is torn because of thorns.
Also, paper packaging use will go up drastically, so bye bye trees too. Green India my foot

vikas2131

So basically it is about who can buy out the politicians . Just like tobacoo comapines did recently when e- cig were banned while normal ones were not despite the fact that every year 10 lakhs people are dying because of it. Big ones can and would do that while small ones would be out of business. Wonderful.

Sir, Big people keep crying about LTCG, but why should it be tax free ? Why should they make 1000s of crores and not pay some reasonable tax on it. Govt has not collected yet, but they will in future, it will be a bit more irregular . I dont see why its necessary for GDP growth. We keep saying that tax base should widen but then these people will cry about having to pay tax. STT is unfair but LTCG is not. Maybe it should have indexation etc, but the concept is not wrong.

One hero even wants to remove LTCG and increase STT. He expects his tax to be distributed to every market participant, very convenient ...
That is because we need large inflow of long term capital to come in for economy to grow...our own resources ate tied up in giving salaries and bonuses to sarkari employees,loan waivers,election doleouts etc so we have to make things attractive for long term investors to come to our country and invest.....if we need them then we must make it attractive for them to invest......we can think of making 3 years holding for LTCG exumption.

ST