Day Trading Stocks & Futures

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Now moving on to some more. BajajFinance.

Pre Earning : Long Straddle ATM Eight Days Before and Exit one Day before.
1578021631084.png

Post Earnings : Short Straddle ATM A Day after Result and Close after 4 days.
1578021793592.png

Schatz

TCS has not declared the date but two things stand out.
1. TCS ATM IV is increasing everyday since 4 days and IVR is at 79-80.
2. TradingView chart shows 9th Jan as Result day.But Moneycontrol,motilal oswal calendar does not show that date.
its common for IV to increase everyday running upto earnings .. Happens with most of the stocks if not all...
sometimes, some sites take last year or quarter's earnings date and show it as this month's date.. so beware of that ...

i did a quick check on Infy .. i dont think short straddle would make money .. current straddle is about 45... i expect this to be 45+ till earnings specially if Infy is the first one to come... DONT trade on it .. just my view looking at the prices... I remember in July 2019 it was bit low and Infy made a move post result... I skipped Infy in July.... Oct i went short straddle in Infy and stayed through the result ....

P.S: if one decides to go long straddle he should know how to scalp gamma... without that knowledge Long straddle is usually very risky and low probability trade!

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
its common for IV to increase everyday running upto earnings .. Happens with most of the stocks if not all...
sometimes, some sites take last year or quarter's earnings date and show it as this month's date.. so beware of that ...

i did a quick check on Infy .. i dont think short straddle would make money .. current straddle is about 45... i expect this to be 45+ till earnings specially if Infy is the first one to come... DONT trade on it .. just my view looking at the prices... I remember in July 2019 it was bit low and Infy made a move post result... I skipped Infy in July.... Oct i went short straddle in Infy and stayed through the result ....

P.S: if one decides to go long straddle he should know how to scalp gamma... without that knowledge Long straddle is usually very risky and low probability trade!
1578022035970.png

1578022077274.png

1578022605595.png

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Not just that, This will really reduce returns in intraday. Just cant believe my luck as i was just about ready with my mech system that takes a lot of positions in intraday stocks and needs leverage ... And now we will also need to keep more margin with broker increasing risk.

Last few years SEBI just keeps attacking traders. Cant believe my stupid luck ....
In the name of reducing risk there guys will only leave investors. Why have markets at all, it also gives risk.