Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

Not just that, This will really reduce returns in intraday. Just cant believe my luck as i was just about ready with my mech system that takes a lot of positions in intraday stocks and needs leverage ... And now we will also need to keep more margin with broker increasing risk.

Last few years SEBI just keeps attacking traders. Cant believe my stupid luck ....
In the name of reducing risk there guys will only leave investors. Why have markets at all, it also gives risk.
intraday will definitely get screwed. I still think there maybe a round of appeal by brokers but all those BO/CO leverage all gone.
where one could put on a futures trade with 12k, now 1L+ needed per lot

There is no risk protection here with this rule. if ppl move to options instead, then more graves will be dug faster.

At least Neft charges are now zero :)

Will need to transfer funds in advance. Could do this near EOD before irrespective, using the MIS feature.

Now need to plan ahead and make transfers before trade initiation whether the trade is triggered or not. A lot of back and forth with fund transfers!

TracerBullet

intraday will definitely get screwed. I still think there maybe a round of appeal by brokers but all those BO/CO leverage all gone.
where one could put on a futures trade with 12k, now 1L+ needed per lot

There is no risk protection here with this rule. if ppl move to options instead, then more graves will be dug faster.
Intraday will still be worth it for me but now i will have to live with very small max dds and cannot take extra risk in first few years.
Options is the only option left for leverage but i dont know how to manage that in a mechanical system and i have heard its not very liquid for stocks ... Effect on Nifty is a bit less as i was anyway planning about 90k-1L capital per lot, but will have to keep full amount with broker.

vikas2131

Basically one is gonna need decent capital to trade in markets. Since they could not put networth restriction bec that would have killed all discount brokers, they are doing everything to close all other paths.

Basically one is gonna need decent capital to trade in markets. Since they could not put networth restriction bec that would have killed all discount brokers, they are doing everything to close all other paths.
For swing traders, it shouldnt matter. You need full margin anyway.

Many times trades are not triggered or triggered early in the day and you could carry the position using MIS and then transfer the entire margin EOD. That was very efficicent.

Anyway, will see when it gets implemented

Schatz

its probably matter of case study that how many MIS traders actually make money? how many r wiped out? Ppl who r generally successful are voicing their opinion.. ppl who r wiped out they r nt there to tell their side of the story .... some leverage makes sense but overleverage hurts mkt ... it increases risk of small brokers going bankrupt on black swan events ... so for the health of the industry more than 3-5X should not be there