Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

guptak03

How to export quotations from AmiBroker to CSV file ?

The easiest way to export quotes to CSV file is to use the below formula from Automatic Analysis window:
(Analysis -> Automatic Analysis)

Filter=1;
AddColumn(O,"Open");
AddColumn(H,"High");
AddColumn(L,"Low");
AddColumn(C,"Close");
AddColumn(V,"Volume",1.0);
AddColumn(OI,"Open Interest",1.0);

Open: Analysis->Formula Editor
Paste the above formula into formula window
Choose Tools->Send to Auto-Analysis menu in the Formula Editor
In Automatic Analysis window select Apply to: All Stocks, Range: All quotations (or any other time range or filter, depending on what you need to export)
Press Explore button
Press Export button, specify the name and press OK

sr sir wil it work???

sr114

No way sir, where is the date and time stamp of the quotation?

actually its a mechanical process where the afl will create a file and write all the data in a mannered way with valid date and time stamp or otherwise we could not use it later on.

regards
sr

guptak03

sr sir, y wen i start ami big big candles wil appear:confused: nd 3,5mins nd above charts wil not at all open ,only tick nd 1 min wil open even after backfill??? sir i m not a programmer m a googler;)so :sos:

gunsho

sr sir, y wen i start ami big big candles wil appear:confused: nd 3,5mins nd above charts wil not at all open ,only tick nd 1 min wil open even after backfill??? sir i m not a programmer m a googler;)so :sos:
Check if you have enough data backfilled. Ami needs atleast 3 candles before it displays for any TF (Closely watch the message that comes on the top).

If you have data worth 5 mins, then that would explain 3,5min and above not opening.

You need atleast 9min of data for 3min chart to show.
You need atleast 15 mins of data for 5min chart to show.
...... atleast 3 days for daily chart to show.

josh1

Hi Josh1,
1. Thanks for this awesome application(NSE NOW RT2) you developed.And it is free!!!.This data is worth 1000 -1500 per month.
2. I am rather new to trading & I am using Amibroker trial version for last couple of months.The RT datafeed is working fine & the charts are updating fine.
3. But having problem with back fill.On clicking the backfill sheet in the NowBackfill.xlsm file a message displays-"NSE-NOW-RT2 is running.Go to amibroker and save your database first"(This happens even if the NSE-NOW-RT2.xlsm is not running).On clicking OK,it asks for splitting the date & time.On clicking OK again, data vanishes & "data imported" message is displayed.But in amibroker the backfill is not reflected in the chart.
Am I doing somethig wrong?Let me mention here that Amibroker trial version which does not support saving database.Is the backfill only works with AMibroker registered version?
Kindly please advise me on this.
Thanks a lot again.
regards
PKJ
3. AmiBroker keeps most of its data in memory while running. When we close it, it saves data or asks whether data should be saved depending upon our settings. When we press "Start" in NOWBackfil.xlsm, it takes over the running instance of AmiBroker. I found that the data that is not saved vanishes. Hence I included that warning in code. If it is giving the warning even if NSE-NOW-RT2 is not running, pressing OK once does not take lot of time. I am not a programmer. I borrowed the code from internet.

On clicking OK,it asks for splitting the date & time. When I ws testing the code, I found that excel was behaving irratically. When I pasted data in excel, it would split date and time in separate column somtimes and keep it combined other times. You can comment out or delete these two lines of code if you do not want data in excel to vanish.
Columns("A:H").Select
Columns("A:H").Delete

2.Trial Version of Amibroker does not save database. I have given the same command to AmiBroker to save database in NSE-NOW-RT2 as well as NOWBackfill. If it is saving data in the former, you are lucky. You better try FCharts if you do not want to spend money now.
You will get it at www.spacejock.com

josh1

even m using crack version:D so is dat the problem????:confused:
Do not use cracked version. Try FCharts. It is free and realtime data feed much easier than AmiBroker. You can shift to AmiBroker later. By the way, If you still want AmiBroker, go ahead and buy it. It is one time investment and worth it if you are going to trade regularly.

josh1

Free data in Free Software FCharts

8. Not worked on backfil yet. This is extract from their Help file-
Intraday Importing
You can also import intraday data via the 'Single Import' and 'Bulk Import' buttons. Just make sure the format is like this:

A first row with a header identifying the fields, eg: <TICKER>,<PER>,<DTYYYYMMDD>,<TIME>,<OPEN>,<HIGH>,<LOW>,<CLOSE>,<VOL>

Then the data:

TICKER, I, 20010720, 11:30, 0.135,0.135,0.135,0.135,50000
etc

I dont understand the meaning of <PER>. If somebody helps, backfill can be arranged.
<PER> means period and "I" means intraday.
I am not so dumb. :lol:

Should be able to create backfill for this soon.:cool:

josh1

Check if you have enough data backfilled. Ami needs atleast 3 candles before it displays for any TF (Closely watch the message that comes on the top).

If you have data worth 5 mins, then that would explain 3,5min and above not opening.

You need atleast 9min of data for 3min chart to show.
You need atleast 15 mins of data for 5min chart to show.
...... atleast 3 days for daily chart to show.
Right! Candles will become smaller as the data inceases to more than 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.