pannet1

@Tejas Khoday

I read somewhere in this forum that you are providing data for many years behind. is there is way to do a automated backtesting. Is it the same feed that is used by Fyers (since inception) is available in the previous period data ?

If not, what is your suggestion for backtesting our stragies

thanks! Quite strange though that my orders didn't go through.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday

I read somewhere in this forum that you are providing data for many years behind. is there is way to do a automated backtesting. Is it the same feed that is used by Fyers (since inception) is available in the previous period data ?

If not, what is your suggestion for backtesting our stragies
@pannet1, we provide historical data since the year 1998 and intraday data of over 9 months as of now. We don't have a back-testing portal as such but you can see our data on Fyers Web charts. Just want to say that we don't sell data either.

Raj232

Well, that's the problem with this business. The data is not yours (belongs to the exchange), the internet is not yours (Airtel etc.). You are simply passing the orders back and forth, and yet you face ire for the downtime. Get used to the client outrage. Your response during these situation will be moot as you grow.

A brief explanation of the user outrage :

"Knowing why it pains does not cure the pain"

Hopefully you will also come up with a policy regarding any profit/loss to the users during the outages.
@Tejas Khoday : There is a possibility of insurance against such problems I heard from some others. Please check out the possibility. Fyers would not have to pay damages, but instead it would go to the insurance company. A win -win situation. Kindly explore.

TraderGYO

@Tejas Khoday : There is a possibility of insurance against such problems I heard from some others. Please check out the possibility. Fyers would not have to pay damages, but instead it would go to the insurance company. A win -win situation. Kindly explore.
I was unable to reach fyers support when the outage happened as the phone lines were busy. Having position in the market and not being able to put stop loss makes one nervous .

When this happens, do get in touch with our support team. If they are unable to identify why the orders haven't gone through, the matter will be escalated to the tech team. Usually, this happens because of margin shortfall.
Thanks Tejas! I will try to do that if it does happen again.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
I was observing the todays 5 minute charts of some of the Nifty Constituents in Fyers One I noticed that there is some data missing from 12:15 Pm to 1:13 PM. Is it during the Outage period? If so you might have to do a backfill since this will skew the indicator readings.
I checked DrReddy and HDFC.
1523541096340.png

1523541146866.png