General Trading Chat

LivetoTrade

Very sad to note, another side of life #Nepal Earthquake..
A freelance photographer posted this self-explanatory note in social media.

Na-Son Nguyen : This is my photo about two Vietnamese Hmong ethnic children taken in 2007 in Ha Giang province, it's not about Nepal !!!

Today i have attended a marriage functionin that met a homeopathic doctor .. he is a trader in stock market...i just wished him ..he asked what is your return per month i said around 2 to 4 percent...he just laughed and said my return is 15 % per month (positional)..i congratulated him and mixed in the function..

Now i understood that doctors can be idiotic ,but who can tell him what he is... :D :D :lol:
Never ask anyone how much returns he is making...we dont know how he calculates the returns. Also never tell anyone how much returns one makes...it is no use to him.

Smart_trade

XRAY27

193 points profit before transaction charges.
Say 150 points after all deductions.

150*25/10,000 = 3750 rs ie 37.5 % returns for intraday margin requirements per lot of Nifty.

But if I trade 1 lot keeping 1lakh with the broker and say I am earning 3.75%

Like wise a Dr making 300 points positional in a fine trend trending month like april with 50K with a broker and making 7500 rs profit
works out to 15% or with 1 Lakh it is just 7.5%

So its just about how one is projecting his return in terms of % :D
Good point..... Jagankris bro...but Dr says he maintains minimum 15 % and monthly adjusting all the draw down with in positional it is not possible without add on capital..in that case return is much less

we are not talking about broker point view return...but we want to know the real return on total risk capital ...any person cannot run in long term with 50 k and 15 %...return or he will be super trader or super man trader...:lol:

Last edited:

XRAY27

Never ask anyone how much returns he is making...we dont know how he calculates the returns. Also never tell anyone how much returns one makes...it is no use to him.

Smart_trade
Good point dada !!! in that case he just dragged me and asked my return, generally i never ask about returns of others...after 3.30 i never talk on market with any other person:D

Where do i stand at d end of d year shud b d question 2 ask thyself n how much did i improv abv my last performance
i think that one more bump downwards is warranted before the arrows change the direction.

If a trader is trading with any broker, he must check his contracts,margin statements every day. It has happened to me that the brokers RMS people put a wrong trade in my account. This happened not once but twice...in first instance, they rang me up immediately on the same day to inform that their RMS person wrongly logged into my account ( and the reason given was that the account No of that person is very close to my account no..) and traded and incurred a loss which they made good. But in second instance they did not inform and when I saw the contract I was surprised because I had not logged into that account on that day.If it had gone un-noticed , later on very difficult to take it up and we have to own up that trade..I have been a sufferer in earlier one case when a wrong trade was put in my account and as I did not check the contract for few days because I was not trading frequently on that account , I had to own up and take the loss.

So traders be careful...dont be under the impression that your account is safe under a password...brokers RMS guy can log into your account without password and put some trades.

Smart_trade

Hi Raghuveer
Sorry
If TP has posted it in Zerodha thread, it is not my problem, I am under no obligation to answer it there. And moreover this is not todays case it happened in 2012.
Zerodha has deducted a little less than 6000 R on account of "Being FNO margin penalty charges" as mentioned in ledger page and as per their clarification in email. And they made me understand that this was the penalty charged by NSE being short in margin for my overnight position by using their explanations (that were beyond my understanding at that time.)

And the interesting fact, I was holding only 100 MNF (MiniNiftyFuture) in futures, with a trading balance of more than 40K in my ledger (after this trade and at EOD) And do you know what was the span and exposure margin charged by Zerodha in my account, you will be surprised, it was more than 6.7 lakhs, yes you read it right, more than 670 K for 100 MNF about 125% of the total trade value.

And this is only a part of the story. Ignorant of all this, I sent some 100K on T and T+1 day, for more purchases and all this total money was adjusted by them against the margin of 100 MNF at the open next day itself. And their customer care had no clue/reply, when I contacted them (on phone) on the rejection of my further orders next morning.

I came to know the details of this episode (what I described above) only after 3 days, when Zerodha officials gave a reply. What a fun. :annoyed:

Whatever I have described above is true to best of my remembrance and if you people believe it then it is good and if do not want to believe, then no compulsion. :lol:

Cant post images of email or ledger in open forum, as I have to edit the images particularly real names, ID numbers, part of actual dates, mid part of actual amount etc etc. and even if you people insist, I have no objection to post them. Or if one is determined to see in original, as seeing is believing, then he may contact me at niftyexceltrader@gmail com for further details but he has to promise that he will not reveal the details in open forum
Since I posted my reply, i am sorry no question asked, no comments from the members.
But I have 2 queries, that will help me in replying
1. Can NSE ask for a 125% of Span and exposure margin. If yes, then what could be the conditions.
2. Can NSE ask a particular trader, out of lakhs of traders with him on the basis of his trades, to pay excess margin. If yes, then upto what tune and what could be the conditions for such a selection of the trader and such an extra demand of margin. I am asking this query with reference to a small trader like many of us and not big traders.