General Trading Chat

Option expiry experts expiry at 8650 ? Any trade for expiry ?

Aug 8200 put and 9200 call combined at 32-33

Aug 8300 puts and 8900 call giving Rs 82

Aug 8650 straddle giving Rs 272....look attractive for selling.

Smart_trade

Bonus are good tools for short term profit harvesting also. For example buy Bajaj Finance....and after bonus and splits sell the qty bought x splits. The remaining qty sits in our portfolio as bonus with zero cost of acquisition and we hold it for 1 year to make it LT capital gain. The short term loss on shares sold can be adjusted in short term profits we have in other scrips....

I am planning to do this .....

Smart_trade

Sir, is this tax harvesting legal??? and can we purchase now for split benefit??
Of course it is legal... I wont do anything illegal as I will be showing that in my IT returns.. Yes you can buy now to get bonus and split.Record date is not yet announced...and till cum bonus date if one buys, he gets bonus and splits.

Remember that short term losses can be adjusted against short term profits only...they cannot be adjusted in derivative or other business profits.

Smart_trade

Blackhole

Option expiry experts expiry at 8650 ? Any trade for expiry ?

Aug 8200 put and 9200 call combined at 32-33

Aug 8300 puts and 8900 call giving Rs 82

Aug 8650 straddle giving Rs 272....look attractive for selling.

Smart_trade
earlier days i used to buy on expiry day only...nowadays only sell(if possible else no trade).....today only bnf coz of strong data

nowadays i sell during morning time (favourable conditions)...like today 19000 pair around @157 covered around 96 and 19100 pairaround 126-129 covered around 48....

for next series ...not decided yet but can start off by selling bnf 19000 pair...around 800 or 850 would be good....

Blackhole

Of course it is legal... I wont do anything illegal as I will be showing that in my IT returns.. Yes you can buy now to get bonus and split.Record date is not yet announced...and till cum bonus date if one buys, he gets bonus and splits.

Remember that short term losses can be adjusted against short term profits only...they cannot be adjusted in derivative or other business profits.

Smart_trade
if u are long term player....believes in buy n hold....then u should hold for compounding to work well as in such game u loose compounding effect that made many billionaire investors.

if u are long term player....believes in buy n hold....then u should hold for compounding to work well as in such game u loose compounding effect that made many billionaire investors.
Yes, I am holding Bajaj Finance and many stocks like Bajaj Finserv,Maruti,HDFC,HDFC Bank,Asian Paints,Bosch,Eicher Motors for last more than 2 years.Bajaj Finance now is the largest valuewise contituent in my portfolio and I am planning to hold it for 2-3 more years as I am sure of 20-30 % CAGR over this period.

The short term profit harvesting is by putting some additional money, for just 8-10 days we get tax shelter...I am not selling anything from my core portfolio..in fact I will be adding some more qty in profit harvesting. Will let the compounding work for next 3 years atleast.

Smart_trade

Last edited: