General Trading Chat

HappyLife

No offense, but there is nothing like "Unrealistic Dream" :D
Sir, What you are talking about is "expectation" and it has nothing to do with reality. Since there is nothing called as reality, "unrealistic" does not exist.

Corruption free india is possible
A trader can make one crore per minute is possible

The "possibility" exists. The "probability" may be very slim. But anything is possible. The good thing about dreams is that it doesn't cost you anything.
Taking your name as an example (don’t mind)
A Novice Stock Trader read something from internet (let say supertrend) & start thinking if he use that indicator he could earn million from market without knowing anything about market.

He starts dreaming that he got the Holy Grail & within a span of 1 year he could become a real millionaire. He starts gathering cash (out of limit loan) from different people & invests that cash in the market and within 1 month he lost the whole amount.

So his unrealistic dream of becoming a millionaire scattered in pieces and that very incident not only affects him but also affect those people from whom he had taken loan.

Before dreaming for something first acquires knowledge & second check ground reality.

I hope our PM knows no. of literacy% / poverty% / % of rural and urban areas in our country. If it’s just to prove that I have did something dramatically while I am PM then I have nothing to say.

travi

Here we go, will be good for the weekend.
A discussion is snowballing into heated debate which I'm sure will be the 3rd world war :rofl::rofl:

Practice what you preach.

1. I simply said there is nothing like "unrealistic dream".
2. NoviceStockTrader: Uses the word "possibility", however slim it maybe.

To counter you still want to use the same words/phrases.
unreal is in the realm of the real world and dream isn't, don't put the two together and force your theory unto others, however, you are free to preach it.

Markets teach us to be humble, I will attest, a couple of weeks ago, I used the word "reversal" and ST Sir corrected it saying "up move". I promptly accepted the correction.

The same applies to NoviceStockTrader "possibility", don't discount it just bcos it falsifies your theory :D

2000 years ago the world was the centre of the universe,
500 years ago the Earth was Flat,
200 years ago it was impossible to go to the moon.
In Edison's(and Tesla's) unrealistic dream, the world could run on electricity.
Todays generation, "Anything is possible".

Keep dreaming, keep living and hopefully be happy.
Remember, Time enjoyed wasting, is not time wasted :D

vijkris

Learner and Follower
A discussion is snowballing into heated debate which I'm sure will be the 3rd world war :rofl::rofl:

unreal is in the realm of the real world and dream isn't, don't put the two together and force your theory unto others, however, you are free to preach it.

Markets teach us to be humble, I will attest, a couple of weeks ago, I used the word "reversal" and ST Sir corrected it saying "up move". I promptly accepted the correction.

The same applies to NoviceStockTrader "possibility", don't discount it just bcos it falsifies your theory :D

Travi bhai , I do believe anything is possible.
15 yrs back owning and maintaining Mobile phone was a dream. Now, my nuclear family (3 members), we own 7 sim cards (all active) and 5 phones. :D
Likewise, AC travel in Trains was a dream, now i hardly book tickets in Sleeper class.

It was almost impossible for me to enter Trading field, I used to dream about it when I was about 16 yrs of age. Finally 10 yrs later, i did enter this field. :rofl:
Now i am dreaming of "consistent profits from trading." :p
I am sure I will achieve it soon, as until now dreams did turn into a reality. !!!

Last edited:
Travi bhai , I do believe anything is possible.
15 yrs back owning and maintaining Mobile phone was a dream. Now, my nuclear family (3 members), we own 7 sim cards (all active) and 5 phones. :D
Likewise, AC travel in Trains was a dream, now i hardly book tickets in Sleeper class.

It was almost impossible for me to enter Trading field, I used to dream about it when I was reached 16 yrs of age. Finally 10 yrs later, i did enter this field. :rofl:
Now i am dreaming of "consistent profits from trading." :p
I am sure I will achieve it soon, as until now dreams did turn into a reality. !!!
Absolutely!!. Who had imagined that a kid selling chai would become the PM of India?

The very people who are saying that dreaming is useless or unrealistic do not realize that they themselves are in the stock market as traders (and on this forum discussing stocks) with a dream of making lots of money. One must dream however unrealistic it may seem.

Serious talks apart, I would also like to share some practical benefits of dreaming on our health and mood.

1. It can uplift our moods
2. After a stressful day when we sleep, a good dream can help reduce stress significantly the next day.
3. Dreaming can help overcome depression.
4. Dreams allow you to express yourself in ways you cannot otherwise do socially.
5. Dreaming can be enjoyment, fun & pleasureful.

HappyLife

No intension to start 3rd world war that will put too much burden on the thread.:D

All this started with the word daydream (not with the word dream).
Why don’t you google out the right word for the situation we are in as 80% people (including me) of the nation not that much educated like you are.
If only dream can achieve everything without checking ground reality then every thing is possible in life.

No need to take earth / moon as examples instead you can take some of our present leader (respect) as an example.

Good example of humbleness – leave the whole nation aside why not a single member in TJ is so humble like you (though they are all trader).
Bhi in simple word is yes sir type.

Not need for me to dream as I am already happy in life.
Remember, dream to costly for those how are struggling day-in & day-out.

Last edited:
No intension to start 3rd world war that will put too much burden on the thread.:D

All this started with the word daydream (not with the word dream).
Why don’t you google out the right word for the situation we are in as 80% people (including me) of the nation not that much educated like you are.
If only dream can achieve everything without checking ground reality then every thing is possible in life.

No need to take earth / moon as examples instead you can take some of our present leader (respect) as an example.

Good example of humbleness – leave the whole nation aside why not a single member in TJ is so humble like you (though they are all trader).
Bhi in simple word is yes sir type.
Sir, I think this started when i said We as a nation do not have a common dream. Then someone added in corruption. Then someone said it was a joke etc etc. Thankfully none of us including yourself has the intention to start a 3rd WW or even have a heated debate. I appreciate you and other gentlemen who have been very polite and well mannered in speaking their point of view. Thank you for that.

Sir, No one is saying that only dreaming will solve all our problems. But some dreams can become goals. When you have goals, suitable actions may follow, actions can take you to your goals. So, what starts as a dream can become an end result is what me and travi sir are saying.

Let me cite some simple examples that you can relate to. Individuals usually dream of buying a home/car. So they work hard, save money and buy a house/car. Dream fulfilled. 10 different people from different parts of the country all have the same dream of climbing Mount Everest. One of them decides to build a web forum. The 9 others find the forum, they all sign up, they discuss and decide and eventually scale Mount Everest. Another dream fulfilled. Similarly, majority of the people of India dream that a good leader will run the country. The dream is then followed by action of voting in the elections and the end result is they bring in a new government.

Dream on sir, even if it seems futile. At least you will have a lot of fun!:thumb:

HappyLife

Sir, I think this started when i said We as a nation do not have a common dream. Then someone added in corruption. Then someone said it was a joke etc etc. Thankfully none of us including yourself has the intention to start a 3rd WW or even have a heated debate. I appreciate you and other gentlemen who have been very polite and well mannered in speaking their point of view. Thank you for that.

Sir, No one is saying that only dreaming will solve all our problems. But some dreams can become goals. When you have goals, suitable actions may follow, actions can take you to your goals. So, what starts as a dream can become an end result is what me and travi sir are saying.

Let me cite some simple examples that you can relate to. Individuals usually dream of buying a home/car. So they work hard, save money and buy a house/car. Dream fulfilled. 10 different people from different parts of the country all have the same dream of climbing Mount Everest. One of them decides to build a web forum. The 9 others find the forum, they all sign up, they discuss and decide and eventually scale Mount Everest. Another dream fulfilled. Similarly, majority of the people of India dream that a good leader will run the country. The dream is then followed by action of voting in the elections and the end result is they bring in a new government.

Dream on sir, even if it seems futile. At least you will have a lot of fun!:thumb:
I am not perfect in life to be precise I have stammering problem people make fun of me when I was young but it doesn’t matter to me because I believe GOD has given me more than I deserve in life (a Happy Family) so I don’t need dream to be more happy.

If you really want to be happy in life then try to dream of doing something for those who are not born with good fortune (something good for those poor out their in our society) .