General Trading Chat

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Its 85% penalty (total) for the ones caught having unaccounted cash.

Vivek

vagar11

ST Sir/Others,

Can you clarify what means by "After buy set up, the market takes a small antitrend rally and then count down starts".

After buy setup means, reversal from short to long? and antitrend rally means a small long rally against the overall short downstrend?

thanks
After buy setup, it is expected that market is likely to make a antitrend rally. It is not guaranteed for sure as the price may just pause. You should look for breakout and trade.

What are the main components of TD Sequential?
TD Sequential has two parts – TD Setup and TD Countdown. The first phase of TD Sequential starts with a TD Setup and is completed with a 9 count. When the 9 count is completed, it is at that point, a price pause, price pullback, or reversal is likely. It is also at that point where TD Sequential starts the second phase with TD Countdown and is completed with a 13 count. When the 13 count is recorded, it is at that point, a price pause, price pullback, or a reversal is likely.

Read this
http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/96368-general-trading-chat-1201.html#post1189987

travi

https://m.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_PressReleaseDisplay.aspx?prid=38721

ST sir and other seniors here can you please elaborate on the implications if any for us.
I'm not senior but let me try :D
Since all the banks have piled up a lot of cash,
the RBI says, that they can accommodate Inr. 300 Billion by way of bidding at equal or higher repo rate.
Repo Rate is the interest earned by Banks on the money lent/given/Deposited to RBI.

Therefore, each Bank can participate in the auction to effectively earn a bit more interest.

On the other hand,
CRR, ie, Cash Reserve Ratio was also increased temporarily, that means, Banks had to lock more money with RBI Interest free.
This is incremental 100% of their current deposit.

More or less, both moves appear to nullify the effects and therefore, IMHO, I don't think its a big difference.

ap*

I'm not senior but let me try :D
Since all the banks have piled up a lot of cash,
the RBI says, that they can accommodate Inr. 300 Billion by way of bidding at equal or higher repo rate.
Repo Rate is the interest earned by Banks on the money lent/given/Deposited to RBI.

Therefore, each Bank can participate in the auction to effectively earn a bit more interest.

On the other hand,
CRR, ie, Cash Reserve Ratio was also increased temporarily, that means, Banks had to lock more money with RBI Interest free.
This is incremental 100% of their current deposit.

More or less, both moves appear to nullify the effects and therefore, IMHO, I don't think its a big difference.
Thanks for taking the time Sir. Picked up nifty calls today at close so the above is good news for me :) if banks participate tomorrow I think nifty should go to 8200 which is my target for the calls I'm holding.

travi

Bro don't you think you read too much into pre open session?

People here are not able to gauge live sessions and you predict pre open? Where 500 points up down in milli seconds happens?

Amazing :D
I think I posted that after the pre-open session closed :D so I don't think I predicted it.

The disparity in N50 n BN was clear in response to TP Bhai's bank related comment.

travi

no,thats a brokers margin.

my query is-how much money one should have in total to trade 1 lot BNF?
If we trade 1 lot in just 50-60k,is it really bad as per MM??
Technically, there are two terms RoI and ROCE.

Basically, a trade should not loose more than 1% of ROCE.
RoI is what goes into the trade, which is far lesser, say 25k per lot, but you won't loose all of it. (Unless of sheer stupidity and bravado :D )
Even if BNF fell 100pts, you'd loose Inr.4000, which is like 6% of RoI.

So your RM can be 2-3% of RoI.