General Trading Chat

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Yesbank held its friday lows, so added some more, let's see how it moves from here.

Vivek

For me returns from idle cash is not a concern, rather its the availability of cash for quick purchases of stocks. Liquidbees are traded on the exchange so I can sell it and the margin is available immediately for buying new shares. However if one uses short term MF, it takes time for the funds to be credited back to our trading account.

During market uptrend its not a issue as I will be fully invested and the idle cash is low, but when the trend changes cash starts accumulating over time it needs to be managed and as I dont prefer to keep cash in broker account I am purchasing liquidbees. (This also gives about 5-6% returns) or buy short term funds. Other way is put major portion of the cash in short term fund and keep remaining in liquidbees. Hence wanted to check with ST sir if there is any better way to manage this.
Sir,

Liquidbees is like MF units or does it need a marching buyer/seller when we want to sell/buy.

thanks

Riskyman

This article says "Liquidity in the financial system is currently at a deficit of around Rs 1.4 lakh crore, "
What do they mean by saying "deficit in liquidity" ?? How is it calculated ??
Liquidity is a measure of the ability and ease with which assets can be converted to cash i.e ability of financial institutions to raise cash easily either by selling "liquid" assets or simply borrowing from the markets.
"Deficit" means that there are people who are willing to sell liquid assets but not able to do so due to lack of buyers or it means people want to borrow money from the market but are unable to find lenders or a combination of both. Banks, for example routinely borrow cash from each other to fulfil their own obligations such as withdrawal by customer etc. In simple words, Cash is needed but not available. In India, all Banks are required to maintain a certain amount of liquidity to fulfil their obligations due to Basal III norms and therefore cannot over lend as they have to maintain a certain liquidity coverage to protect themselves on bad days. .

Fyi, Cash/bank deposit is a highly liquid asset and so is rated government debt. Im unaware of the exact math behind the calculation. But, I would assume its mostly driven by demand/supply.

Last edited: