General Trading Chat

Looks like nice trap is set for bulls in ITC. Be cautious!
1537974370131.png

Last edited:
Eichers Motors is trying to erase quite a some of its long term gains. Be cautious. Its coming to the lower channel line and it looks like no one can stop it.
1537976050772.png

soft_trader

Fed Raises Interest Rates in Third Hike This Year

The Federal Reserve raised interest rates by a quarter point on Wednesday, citing a faster pace of economic growth, strong labor market and inflation close to target.

The Federal Open Market Committee increased the overnight funds rate to a range of 2.00% to 2.25%..

In a somewhat hawkish tilt, the Fed halted its use of "accommodative" to describe its stance on monetary policy.

"The Committee expects that further gradual increases in the target range for the federal funds rate will be consistent with sustained expansion of economic activity, strong labor market conditions, and inflation near the Committee's symmetric 2 percent objective over the medium term. Risks to the economic outlook appear roughly balanced," The statement said. "In view of realized and expected labor market conditions and inflation, the Committee decided to raise the target range for the federal funds rate to 2 to 2-1/4 percent."

Futures traders had seen an around 100% chance of a rate increase ahead of the meeting, according to Investing.com’s Fed Rate Monitor Tool.

The U.S. central bank last raised rates in June, also by a quarter point, and policymakers have projected a further rate hike to follow this year following strong economic growth, low unemployment and steady inflation.

The minutes from the Fed’s July policy meeting showed policymakers expected the economy to expand at an above-trend pace and inflation to remain near the central bank's 2% objective.

The most recent reading of the core PCE price index, the Fed's preferred measure of inflation, came in at 2%, though the central bank has signalled that it was somewhat comfortable with inflation running above target.

Ahead of the meeting, analysts had expected the Fed would become more flexible with its gradual pace of rate hikes in a bid to move closer to a neutral rate, aimed to neither expand nor contract the economy.

Investors will be closely watching for any indications from Fed Chairman Jerome Powell, in his post-policy-meeting press conference, that market conditions can support a faster pace of rate hikes.

Powell is likely to tout "growing upside risks" to the economic backdrop and downplay the risk trade tensions pose to growth, RBC said.

looks like Sense of momentum change coming in V Guards.Cheers
1537983597876.png

This is one of the high probability counts on Banknifty. we have red wave c on the downside might be due ,before the breakout or red wave c might have ended at the red wave A markedand it might give breakout straightaway. I am biased towards former. we might have surprising rally in Banknifty today second half but if it breaks the low of blue wave (c) then things will be little late as it might take my previous count
1538019276682.png

I feel banknifty reversal just might be in few min. It might be a sharp one. All it has to do it just make a new low below 25078. and we are just 20 points away from it but if it breaks 25173 before making a new low by any means then we can say reversal happened. This is just my view
View attachment 28683 \
Update @ 12.33pm
the current 1 min low could be the reversal low @ 24981 . I believe that could be the low for now. but our reversal signal is placed at 25085 zone. lets see how it progress

update @1.10pm
View attachment 28691

Update @1.34pm worst case scenario (incase If i was wrong in my previous counting) it might revisit 24900 zone again. Bulls might takeover once it crosses the 25179 zone. till then we need to be bit careful by giving worst case scenario 50% probability View attachment 28692

update @ 2.49pm, I still believe on the upside and i feel wave 2 is becoming a flat but still confirmation level is placed around 25179 zone. as long as we dont get confirmation we cant negate the worst case scenario movement
View attachment 28695
Update @3.30pm
Worst case scenario workedout and revisted 24900 zone Since this looks like ed pattern with abc strcuture in each of the legs, the 5th leg also might have abc strcuture and it looks like we have completed wave A so we will have wave B and wave C to complete this ED. reversal from ED is always a strong one. so if this ED is correct then we should witness the rally back to start point of this ED ie 26000 and that equals more than 1000 points rally from the end of ED.lets see View attachment 28699
On 25 sep 2018
[email protected]. It has reversed from ED and moved around 400 points till now from days low. Need to keep an eye on whether its a reversal for the downtrend from 28k or not
View attachment 28721
Update @ 11.11am. we can see 5 wave diagonal impulsive move and nicked the confirmation level @ reflex point placed @25114 area. and now it is heading for a shallow correction and this correction might go down around 24998 zone plus or minus 10-20 points. Good news is that this wave 5 move is one higher degree wave 1 and this wave 1 carried 600 points rally from day low so wave 3 will be more than 1000 easily and is it is likely to happen today itself.Lets see
View attachment 28725