General Trading Chat

Could anyone give their thoughts on risk management, which looks to be crucial in trading? What are the basic guidelines to follow in order to avoid losses?
Risk management is absolutely critical in trading. Here are some important guidelines:

Set Stop-Loss Orders
Diversify Your Portfolio
Limit Position Size
Use Risk-Reward Ratios
Stay Informed
Control Emotions

What are those setup costs ? I am mostly invested in Rs. 100 MFs. So, the costs maybe significant in %age terms.

Yes ,
Setup costs for a Demat account include one-time charges for Dmat opening, AMC's, and possible transaction charges.
For Rs. 100 MFs, these costs may be proportionally higher.
Do compare providers to find the best fit for your goals

I don't know what's my play, I am too new to MFs, just feeling my way out.

I am buying MFs through 3 different websites - Finvasia, Groww and Mobikwik. The funds in Finvasia go to a demat account, while those with the other 2 go to SoA. But I am unable to get a consolidated report of all my holdings, specially in xls format.

Also, since most of my funds in in IDCW plan, I would like a consolidated dividend / reinvestment report.

The problem is that while Finvasia has very good reports, it does not redemption of fractional units. Then their platform is very tedious. You place the order either through shoonya web or mobile, make payment through the mobile app, and check the reports in investwell app. There is no track of orders in transit i.e. you have paid but the allotment has not happened.

Groww and Mobikwik are very easy to operate but there reports are nothing much. It's as if they don't understand the customer requirements at all, and are not bothered much about it.
Yes I agree with your Finding!!

Finvasia mein yahi issue hai fractions units sell ni ho paati..
and groww and ol ki reports are like SHITTTT!! koi proper analysis ni hai

I think only ETF's go to Demat account, rest of the mutual fund investments are with the Mutual fund house itself.
MFs also go to your demat account; if your broker does not transfer them, that is a problem!! Because suppose you want to transfer the MF from one broker to another, and if those MF are in demat accounts, they can be easily transferred through an online process similar to the share transfer
process!!

Yes ,
Setup costs for a Demat account include one-time charges for Dmat opening, AMC's, and possible transaction charges.
For Rs. 100 MFs, these costs may be proportionally higher.
Do compare providers to find the best fit for your goals
That way, Finvasia scores above the others. Delivery handling charges of Rs.9 + GST, total Rs. 10.62

Then one more issue is that some funds are seen with one broker but not the other :confused:

Kalinkatichkule

Saving&Budgeting_MUNK
1. Tata Group brought its IPO after a gap of 19 years 5 months became the talk of the town ever since it filed DRHP.
2. About #TataTechnologies
3. #TataTechnologies Ltd Financial Information
4. #TataTechnologies KPIs
5. Objects of the issue

Attachments