General Trading Chat

Guys, about MFs, what is the difference between holding the funds as Demat or Statement of Accounts ?

Is it easier to buy either way ? Easier to sell ? Cheaper ? Better returns ?

What do you use for holding your mutual funds?
The decision between Demat and Statement of Accounts is similar to that between a digital music library and a vintage record collection.

Demat's the Spotify of MFs – quick, digital, and sleek. Buying and selling are like a walk in the park, but setup costs a bit more.
Statement of Accounts is like the original vinyl - tangible and old school. It takes a little more effort, but some people prefer the traditional vibe. less expensive in the beginning.

Returns? It's all about the fund, not the holding method. I'm all-in on Demat for the speed and ease. What's your play?

I don't know what's my play, I am too new to MFs, just feeling my way out.

I am buying MFs through 3 different websites - Finvasia, Groww and Mobikwik. The funds in Finvasia go to a demat account, while those with the other 2 go to SoA. But I am unable to get a consolidated report of all my holdings, specially in xls format.

Also, since most of my funds in in IDCW plan, I would like a consolidated dividend / reinvestment report.

The problem is that while Finvasia has very good reports, it does not redemption of fractional units. Then their platform is very tedious. You place the order either through shoonya web or mobile, make payment through the mobile app, and check the reports in investwell app. There is no track of orders in transit i.e. you have paid but the allotment has not happened.

Groww and Mobikwik are very easy to operate but there reports are nothing much. It's as if they don't understand the customer requirements at all, and are not bothered much about it.

Demat's the Spotify of MFs – quick, digital, and sleek. Buying and selling are like a walk in the park, but setup costs a bit more.
What are those setup costs ? I am mostly invested in Rs. 100 MFs. So, the costs maybe significant in %age terms.

Nish

BN posible upside or resistance at 44420 and 45120 in coming days !
Lvls strictly for study purpose !

Pesonally no position , so missed the gap-up opportunity.
But would avoid FOMO feeling - More opportunities will come - Would wait patiently for next opport !

Raj232

I don't know what's my play, I am too new to MFs, just feeling my way out.
The funds in Finvasia go to a demat account, while those with the other 2 go to SoA.
I think only ETF's go to Demat account, rest of the mutual fund investments are with the Mutual fund house itself.

I think only ETF's go to Demat account, rest of the mutual fund investments are with the Mutual fund house itself.
Not really. I have no ETFs but all of my MFs with Finvasia are in the demat.

What I want to know is the pros and cons of SoA and Demat.