General Trading Chat

Nish

So, I did some more work on this and came up with something else.

Suppose I don't invest on the first red candle, but do invest if the subsequent candles are red. So, the number of investment days comes down to 1360 out of 5930 days.

For the sake of argument,

Assume 1 unit of Nifty MF = Nifty closing / 100 (at present Niftybees = 214)

Scene 1 :
If I purchased 1 unit of Nifty MF on such a day, I would have 1360 units of NiftyMF at an average price of Rs. 69.11, as against CMP of Rs. 193

Original investment of Rs. 94000 would increase to Rs. 2,64,000

Scene 2 :
If I purchased 1 unit of Nifty MF on every down day, I would have 2730 units of NiftyMF at an average price of Rs. 67.94

Original investment of Rs. 1,85,000 would increase to Rs. 5,27,000

How does this compare with FD in 24 years ? Not good, I guess, but still.
My God ! What a calculation , I think you can be a good Investment advisor - if it really works ! :)

Anyways, it is beyond my scope ! I am a simple trader and concentrate on Qtrly profit from my FnO trades and incoming cash balance in my bank A/c !

But you must have considered all the brokerage and the total expense ratio or TER for all kinds of scheme categories and it ranges from 1 per cent to 2.25 per cent - FOR SO MANY SINGLE UNIT MF Transaction on various days !
I do'nt how they calculate it !

Anyways, it is beyond my scope ! I am a simple trader and concentrate on Qtrly profit from my FnO trades and incoming cash balance in my bank A/c !
Right, the same here. Now trying to expand like Day Trading --> Bank + MFs.

IDCW because I am interested in bringing the money home, not just demat appreciation.

As to the costs, I guess the entry load is nil for index MF. There would be some exit load + demat clearing charges.

I'm new to the trading business, so I'm just confirming the words I've heard on social media like YouTube to gain a better understanding of trading.
Always a good idea to google for newer terminologies. The market is a wide and deep subject.

travi