General Trading Chat

Raj232

I am not sure what you are trying to do, but aren't you over diversified?

500/- is like monthly SIP you are planning
More than over diversified in debt instruments .. looks like searching for the debt fund which is paying 70% by mistake instead of 7% ... :DD

More than over diversified in debt instruments .. looks like searching for the debt fund which is paying 70% by mistake instead of 7% ... :DD
I am not that greedy :)

I keep looking for debt funds which give a PAYOUT (not reinvestment) of about Rs. 1.5 per thousand per week or Rs. 7 per month.

I may, in future, decide that a better option is to put in 1 lakh in some debt fund Growth plan and start SWP of Rs. 600 per month. Let's see.

At present, for the above, I have invested 60000 in Nippon liquid fund and set up SWP of Rs. 500 pm.

Raj232

I am not that greedy :)

I keep looking for debt funds which give a PAYOUT (not reinvestment) of about Rs. 1.5 per thousand per week or Rs. 7 per month.

I may, in future, decide that a better option is to put in 1 lakh in some debt fund Growth plan and start SWP of Rs. 600 per month. Let's see.

At present, for the above, I have invested 60000 in Nippon liquid fund and set up SWP of Rs. 500 pm.
So .. thats good planning.. 1.5 per thousand per week is 7.8% per year. Why dont you use debt instruments that are paying slightly higher.

e.g. bonds from corporates which are secured by assets and high rated.
Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited 9.5%
ISIN: INE033L07538 | Sector: Finance | Rating: CRISIL AAA/Stable
https://www.icicidirect.com/fd-and-bonds/tata-capital-housing-finance-limited/ine033l07538

Only thing these guys wont payout weekly.. rather annually. Not sure if it meets your exact requirement, but I'm planning to look into this as return is on the higher side and safety and security is there too..

Unfortunately, "Liquid fund", "Overnight fund" or similar are not investment funds.. its just like parking your money there for 1 week or so and they use that money elsewhere. .. e.g. if you have excess liquidity at some point
... so basically those type of funds will not help your money grow in the long term.

So .. thats good planning.. 1.5 per thousand per week is 7.8% per year. Why dont you use debt instruments that are paying slightly higher.

e.g. bonds from corporates which are secured by assets and high rated.
Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited 9.5%
ISIN: INE033L07538 | Sector: Finance | Rating: CRISIL AAA/Stable
https://www.icicidirect.com/fd-and-bonds/tata-capital-housing-finance-limited/ine033l07538

Only thing these guys wont payout weekly.. rather annually. Not sure if it meets your exact requirement, but I'm planning to look into this as return is on the higher side and safety and security is there too..

Unfortunately, "Liquid fund", "Overnight fund" or similar are not investment funds.. its just like parking your money there for 1 week or so and they use that money elsewhere. .. e.g. if you have excess liquidity at some point
... so basically those type of funds will not help your money grow in the long term.
Yes, so does Shriram. The banks will pay 8%.

But I am looking at payout / regular passive income.

I am working on whether to go for IDCW option or Growth + SWP option.

Edit :
For high growth, indeed equity funds are the way. But that is also high risk. Check the riskometer of the funds, you will find that even "safer" funds like Retirement or ELSS are at present in "Very high risk" category.

The thing is that most of my risk appetite is used towards day trading, after I want more stable / safer means for investment.

I am trying to figure out the best way for regular income + moderate growth overall. At present I am 80% in liquid+debt funds, and about 16% in equity. Maybe I will find a balance at 70% + 25-30%. Let's see.

Last edited:

Raj232

Yes, so does Shriram. The banks will pay 8%.

But I am looking at payout / regular passive income.

For high growth, indeed equity funds are the way. But that is also high risk.
Equity is out of the question... one day you have capital. the next day you dont. I know a few who got heart attacks during covid .. not because of covid .. but because of fall in the value of their portfolio :madi::madi:
If it was high risk high portfolio, nothing beats buying naked options :DD:DD:DD .. one day its there , next day its gone. pff...

So for retirement / passive income.. one needs a debt fund with high return + safe + secured.
The combo of regular income + moderate growth overall. is still elusive.. but I'm on that search too :)

Equity is out of the question... one day you have capital. the next day you dont. I know a few who got heart attacks during covid .. not because of covid .. but because of fall in the value of their portfolio :madi::madi:
If it was high risk high portfolio, nothing beats buying naked options :DD:DD:DD .. one day its there , next day its gone. pff...

So for retirement / passive income.. one needs a debt fund with high return + safe + secured.
The combo of regular income + moderate growth overall. is still elusive.. but I'm on that search too :)
At present all the debt funds are doing good. It seems that Money Market / Floating Rate / Low duration funds are giving the best payout. I am trying Credit Risk funds but it's too early to say.

If you notice closely the IDCW option funds, you will find that the NAV is gradually coming down. So, one will to manage it to lower the average buying price. It will need active management for a few years, I think, before the prices stabilise again.

@travi , members, from where can I get an accurate bhavcopy of mutual funds in the morning (not AMFI).

AMFI data is not really accurate, nor are the other sources known to me.

Here is the example of ABSL PSU Equity Fund Direct IDCW. I am holding 1000 Rs @ average NAV 28.13 and it has declared a solid dividend.

The values shown by various sources are given below (source, NAV, NAV Date)

1) ABSL mobile app / website : 27.47 : 25 Jan

2) MFUonline : 29.29 : 24 Jan

3) AMFI Bhavcopy : 29.55 : 25 Jan

4) MF Central : 29.55 : 25 Jan

5) Value research : 27.47 : 25 Jan

6) Groww : 27.47 : (date not mentioned)

Now, it's a good fund and I want to add it below my buying price, but if I apply today I am not sure which NAV will I get.

I do have screenshots of the above value.

So, to the questions : 1) From where do I get an accurate bhavcopy of the MFs in the morning, 2) From where do I purchase to get the price shown on the screen.

Thanks.

travi

@travi , members, from where can I get an accurate bhavcopy of mutual funds in the morning (not AMFI).

AMFI data is not really accurate, nor are the other sources known to me.

Here is the example of ABSL PSU Equity Fund Direct IDCW. I am holding 1000 Rs @ average NAV 28.13 and it has declared a solid dividend.

The values shown by various sources are given below (source, NAV, NAV Date)

1) ABSL mobile app / website : 27.47 : 25 Jan

2) MFUonline : 29.29 : 24 Jan

3) AMFI Bhavcopy : 29.55 : 25 Jan

4) MF Central : 29.55 : 25 Jan

5) Value research : 27.47 : 25 Jan

6) Groww : 27.47 : (date not mentioned)

Now, it's a good fund and I want to add it below my buying price, but if I apply today I am not sure which NAV will I get.

I do have screenshots of the above value.

So, to the questions : 1) From where do I get an accurate bhavcopy of the MFs in the morning, 2) From where do I purchase to get the price shown on the screen.

Thanks.
See mfapi.in i use to fetch portfolio data

Regarding accuracy, i think everyone sources from AMFI only. Just like any exchange data

MF can't be traded like live trading. Just like slippage, you need to trust the nav allotted. I will not chart MF, instead i will use benchmark index whether it's EQ or any cap or debt etc, i don't go by nav