General Trading Chat

See mfapi.in i use to fetch portfolio data

Regarding accuracy, i think everyone sources from AMFI only. Just like any exchange data

MF can't be traded like live trading. Just like slippage, you need to trust the nav allotted. I will not chart MF, instead i will use benchmark index whether it's EQ or any cap or debt etc, i don't go by nav
Thanks.

ummm... is this the regular kind of display in mfapi.in ??

1706447808359.png

I wonder if there is some way of getting the bhavcopy from BSE/NSE or CDSL / NSDL ?

@travi , members, from where can I get an accurate bhavcopy of mutual funds in the morning (not AMFI).

AMFI data is not really accurate, nor are the other sources known to me.

Here is the example of ABSL PSU Equity Fund Direct IDCW. I am holding 1000 Rs @ average NAV 28.13 and it has declared a solid dividend.

The values shown by various sources are given below (source, NAV, NAV Date)

1) ABSL mobile app / website : 27.47 : 25 Jan

2) MFUonline : 29.29 : 24 Jan

3) AMFI Bhavcopy : 29.55 : 25 Jan

4) MF Central : 29.55 : 25 Jan

5) Value research : 27.47 : 25 Jan

6) Groww : 27.47 : (date not mentioned)

Now, it's a good fund and I want to add it below my buying price, but if I apply today I am not sure which NAV will I get.

I do have screenshots of the above value.

So, to the questions : 1) From where do I get an accurate bhavcopy of the MFs in the morning, 2) From where do I purchase to get the price shown on the screen.

Thanks.
Sigh. One more confusion. MFcentral shows a different rate. Applied. Test period

1706506402804.png

Raj232

Sigh. One more confusion. MFcentral shows a different rate. Applied. Test period

View attachment 50281

MFCentral might be accurate in this. You can also buy and sell directly from the MFcentral website.

Guys, what exactly "Business Cycle" funds do ? Any reviews about these ?
The fund aims to deploy the business cycle approach of investing to identify economic trends and invest in sectors and stocks that are likely to outperform. During an expansion phase it will Buy either the sector leaders or Companies benefitting from the sectoral tailwinds during economic and business cycles.

... but business cycle fund returns can vary a lot... see the below article and the returns given :
https://www.cnbctv18.com/personal-f...hould-you-invest-risk-challenges-17606131.htm

Article of 23-Aug-2023:
1706516743714.png