Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThE HaMmEr

Re: 60min Flow Trades for the Week: Saint's Method

Neeraj,

11 am bar high was a PH on Apr 8. Why did you not go long over that?

Bee
bee luking at the chart and after looking at d reaction....we will think it is a pivot............but in real time 60 min flow trading....the correct GEAR 1 SAR will b the 1 marked :) ......and that green bar looked like a very agressive pivot to me....and also my RSI indicator was nowhere close to the reersal.......or near 50 mid line........it looked more like a stop after WRB...where possible after a pause...more vol's could hav come in for more falling of d price....

regards

neeraj

ThE HaMmEr

This was a truncated short week,we had omly 3 trading days....posting Nifty Futures 60 min flow chart for week endeing on 10-4-09

Best wishes,

Smart_trade
st da.....still nt taking this sideways movment as SAR. . . ??

but it was a good sideways movment...below which we can possibly short......

can u throw some light..with examples if possible.......y we nt taking a sar there ?

thanks

regards

neeraj

st da.....still nt taking this sideways movment as SAR. . . ??

but it was a good sideways movment...below which we can possibly short......

can u throw some light..with examples if possible.......y we nt taking a sar there ?

thanks

regards

neeraj
No neeraj,with that 3:00 bar on 8th ,a monster WRB......I need a proper PL to reverse. If this WRB was not there,I would have considered sideways movement for reversal. But with WRB in place,reversal at a proper PL or WRB low.

Best Wishes,

Smart_trade

beethoven

bee luking at the chart and after looking at d reaction....we will think it is a pivot............but in real time 60 min flow trading....the correct GEAR 1 SAR will b the 1 marked :) ......and that green bar looked like a very agressive pivot to me....and also my RSI indicator was nowhere close to the reersal.......or near 50 mid line........it looked more like a stop after WRB...where possible after a pause...more vol's could hav come in for more falling of d price....

regards

neeraj
Hmmm Neeraj,

The data that I have, the PH made by 11 am bar on 8th is more pronounced plus there was a gap down which your chart is not showing.

I have my reservations on dependence on RSI. Please note it is a lagging indicator.

You could have made some money here.

Bee

Flock

I am trying to paper trade 60 min flow in Nifty using the spot chart and options. No idea about options :lol: but then no real money at risk. So will be a double learning venture for me.

Last edited:
Re: Live discussion Saint's - 60 minute flow

2 Bar breakout failure in 60 min flow method

How do we tackle 2 bar breakouts and failure?

So far,we have seen a breakout that fails,this implies that a single bar broke out of its pivot highs to new lows and then flopped on itself and broke pivots and triggerred SARs.We also know how to manage WRB Breakouts.How do we manage if we get a Breakout(not WRB) followed by a bullish candle and then a huge fall…………The questions are:At what point do we call the move a failure?Must we wait for pivots to break to reverse?

The below is a chart of ICICI Futs in Jan 2009.

The above modifications are important and all trading 60 min flow method should update themselves.

Smart_trade

Saint

Latest modifications in 60 min flow :
MODIFICATION 4:

SAR levels are raised every time a new pivot high is made….also raised in a vertical move using the 2 bar method….or gaps as per its rules,but whatever the scenario,the focus is to raise the SAR to a point where it reverts and we go the opposite direction.The focus is not on the small pivots within the sideways range,or a wedge/flag,etc.

Therefore,the SAR is raised on new highs,……if that new high is not attained,SAR remains where it was.Note:It does not mean that those pivots within the flag or the wedge or the sideways are not pivots,merely that they are not points that we would raise our SAR to.It also means that when price goes above the previous pivot high of a bull flag,we raise our stops to the lowest point of that flag from the previous SAR(not necessarily waiting for new highs before the flag got started.)

The only time we do not bother about new highs is when we get a visually long sideways range.Here if the range breaks down,we are short.

The above is stated talking of uptrends,vice versa for downtrends.

All the best!
Saint

The above modifications are important and all trading 60 min flow metod should update themselves .

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.