Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyen

RKK,Milky and Satya,

Please see the attachments for June trades if they are of any help
Regards
ken
Thank you Ken

One request before you wrote this code you must have defined the pivots and then coded it
can you please post the definations in laymans language

Regards
Satya

kenneth

Hi Satya

From Teach A man to fish And.............By Saint
http://www.traderji.com/equities/21903-going-60min-flow-52.html

So what then is a Pivot?Okay,we are back to the "Hand" example.Whisk out your right hand again,once again with your right palm facing you.We have our little finger.The ring finger makes a higher high and low as compared to the little finger.The middle finger is higher high and low as compared to the ring finger.We therefore have a RALLY.The index finger makes lower highs and lows as compared to the middle finger.The thumb makes lower highs and lows as compared to the index finger.We therefore have a DECLINE.The middle finger with two lower highs on both sides(ring and index)now forms a PIVOT.

I have not written the code

But the code uses
The basic definition of Pivot High is a bar high that is both higher than the two bars immediately preceding it and higher than the two bars immediately following it.
The lows of the bars are NOT considered in determining the Pivot progression.

If two bars in the progression have equal highs followed by two consecutive bars with lower highs, then a total of six bars rather than the usual five bars will make up the progression.
The first High becomes the counting Pivot. Reverse for Low Pivot.

Regards
ken

Satyen

Hello
Milky , rakesh , RK i have attached December nifty chart with pivots Black line pivot low and Blue line pivot high please mention if i go wrong some where i.e

if i missed any pivot or wrongly recognised any pivots

please post yours chart with pivots for the month december

Regards
Satya

Last edited:

Satyen

Hi Satya

From Teach A man to fish And.............By Saint
http://www.traderji.com/equities/21903-going-60min-flow-52.html

So what then is a Pivot?Okay,we are back to the "Hand" example.Whisk out your right hand again,once again with your right palm facing you.We have our little finger.The ring finger makes a higher high and low as compared to the little finger.The middle finger is higher high and low as compared to the ring finger.We therefore have a RALLY.The index finger makes lower highs and lows as compared to the middle finger.The thumb makes lower highs and lows as compared to the index finger.We therefore have a DECLINE.The middle finger with two lower highs on both sides(ring and index)now forms a PIVOT.

I have not written the code

But the code uses
The basic definition of Pivot High is a bar high that is both higher than the two bars immediately preceding it and higher than the two bars immediately following it.
The lows of the bars are NOT considered in determining the Pivot progression.

If two bars in the progression have equal highs followed by two consecutive bars with lower highs, then a total of six bars rather than the usual five bars will make up the progression.
The first High becomes the counting Pivot. Reverse for Low Pivot.

Regards
ken

Thank you very much Ken

Regards
Satya

lvgandhi

Hello RKK Sir,

Posted the chart and the trades for June Series :)

Code:
Completed June Series

Number	Trade	Level	SL	Initial Risk	P/L(Close)	Remarks

5	Short	4505-	4284+	Closed		+221		Expiry Day Exit

4	Long	4499+	4505-	Closed		+6		Gap down

3	Short	4640-	4499+	Closed		+141

2	Long	4636+	4640-	Closed		+4

1	Short	4826-	4636+	Closed		+190

Jiggling Space 10pts each side i.e 20 pts per trade. Total No. of trades 5, therefore 100pts 

total space to trade. Brokerage and taxes not taken into a/c. 

P/L = +562pts(Before Space to trade)
P/L = +462pts(Before Brokerage and taxes)
Regards
Dear MB,
Thanks for the chart. I need one clarification. Long on 11th at 4499 was not closed on 12th in gap down. Any rules for this may please be given. If already exists kindly give a ref please.

vinst

I am attaching the chart for pivot clarification. The last PH was 4179 and after that NF hasn't made a PL. So a new PH can't be defined (this is what I thought). therefore 4040 can't be PH as it is not followed by a PL. Formation wise, 4040 is a high with preceding 2 bars with lower highs and is followed by 2 bars with lower highs. I read something regarding this but now I am unable to find that post in this thread.

Kindly clarify whether we can define 4040 as the new PH without having a fresh PL.

regards,
vin

Last edited:
Hello
Milky , rakesh , RK i have attached December nifty chart with pivots Black line pivot low and Blue line pivot high please mention if i go wrong some where i.e

if i missed any pivot or wrongly recognised any pivots

please post yours chart with pivots for the month december

Regards
Satya
Hi Satya,
Nice to see the follow-up after your pm. The levels you have marked are correct...a few have been left out by you...may be bec they look so obvious.Nevermind..i am adding my bit to complete the pic. ph are marked in Green, pl in Red

Thanks,
Rakesh

Last edited:
NF PL is updated to 3812 with 3965 as SL for reversal to long

vin
PL 3812 is ok but 3965 ? I am getting 3914 as one level.Not sure whether it qualifies as PH but next PH is 4038 for reversal to longs. Is our data correct ?

Best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies.