Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyen

Hi Satya,
Nice to see the follow-up after your pm. The levels you have marked are correct...a few have been left out by you...may be bec they look so obvious.Nevermind..i am adding my bit to complete the pic. ph are marked in Green, pl in Red

Thanks,
Rakesh
Hi
rakesh here are my veiws ...
yes i only want to detect pivots no 2 bar method gaps it will be implimented after we have valid pivots detected

Attachments

milkyblack

Hi
rakesh here are my veiws ...
yes i only want to detect pivots no 2 bar method gaps it will be implimented after we have valid pivots detected
Hi Satya,

Gone through the chart u posted... if not looking for gaps! Your pivots in my view are just perfect :)
But as I already mentioned to you, I do not beleive much in backtesting! Yes it is necessary to just have a plan or a method but in reality the trading is really different! Backtesting is to give one a confidence on the method! But implementation is different game all together! Backtesting is good to have a rough estimate that how much the method has given profit/loss drawdowns etc to suit our risk to reward ratio!

Just imagine a situation....

You are long at 4165 with initial SL of 4010
Now the price moves up to say 4255 and then starts falling and goes below the buying price of 4165... TO FORM A NEW HIGHER PIVOT LOW OF 4090 and after that again moves up to 4270 and then moves down TO FORM A NEW HIGHER PIVOT LOW at say 4200(now the trade is profitable)
This process of forming HIGHER PIVOT LOW makes your PAPER PROFITABLE trade into PAPER LOSS TRADE... where if held then comes the ACTUAL PROFIT....
This process in backtesting looks so simple.... when we are at the middle of the chart!
But we trade the end where the price has not happned but happening!

As Saint has already mentioned 60min trading is simple(indeed I find very simple) but not easy(I find not at all easy)!
Why I find very simple is because of Saint defined the rules so clearly!
Why I find not at all easy as I do not have the sound psychology like Saint :)

Just expressed my views :) Open to everyones views to learn and share!

Regards

Last edited:

milkyblack

GMR Fut pivots etc as far as I can see are:

1100 july 1, 2 bar SL for short 81.65

1200 july 1, Long above 82.25 (as MB asked, 0.60 as play room)

1300 july 1, made PH (discovered after 1500 bar)

1500 july 1, made PL 78.25 (discovered today after 1100 bar)

1200 july 2, made lower PL 77.80 (discovered today after 1400 bar) which violated prev PL by 0.45. If really 0.60 is play room for GMR then 78.25-0.60=77.65 was SL for long. 77.65 wasn't broken.

Then GMR took off to 89 or so.

regards,
vin

Saint , how really to find the play room which in this case seems to be about 0.75%
Hi,

78.25 was not violated once formed pivot low, as it got activated only after 1400, and after 1400 78.25 was not violated!
78.25 was violated at 1100, when we had a SL of 76.45

:)

Regards

vinst

Hi,

78.25 was not violated once formed pivot low, as it got activated only after 1400, and after 1400 78.25 was not violated!
78.25 was violated at 1100, when we had a SL of 76.45

:)

Regards
MB,
PL of 78.25 was fixed by 11am today after which it was violated when price went to 77.8. That's where the play room comes into picture.

regards,
vin

Satyen

Hi Satya,

Gone through the chart u posted... if not looking for gaps! Your pivots in my view are just perfect :)
But as I already mentioned to you, I do not beleive much in backtesting! Yes it is necessary to just have a plan or a method but in reality the trading is really different! Backtesting is to give one a confidence on the method! But implementation is different game all together! Backtesting is good to have a rough estimate that how much the method has given profit/loss drawdowns etc to suit our risk to reward ratio!

Just imagine a situation....

You are long at 4165 with initial SL of 4010
Now the price moves up to say 4255 and then starts falling and goes below the buying price of 4165... TO FORM A NEW HIGHER PIVOT LOW OF 4090 and after that again moves up to 4270 and then moves down TO FORM A NEW HIGHER PIVOT LOW at say 4200(now the trade is profitable)
This process of forming HIGHER PIVOT LOW makes your PAPER PROFITABLE trade into PAPER LOSS TRADE... where if held then comes the ACTUAL PROFIT....
This process in backtesting looks so simple.... when we are at the middle of the chart!
But we trade the end where the price has not happned but happening!

As Saint has already mentioned 60min trading is simple(indeed I find very simple) but not easy(I find not at all easy)!
Why I find very simple is because of Saint defined the rules so clearly!
Why I find not at all easy as I do not have the sound psychology like Saint :)

Just expressed my views :) Open to everyones views to learn and share!

Regards

Hi
MB ... yes i do understand backtesting and real implimentaion is two diferent thing even happend today to me i did not gone long even we had a pivot at 3914

but in the process of looking at past chart and
looking at different market condition we can better learn about different types of pivots so when it will happen again we will have not hesitation to call it a PIVOT

As rakesh rightly point out how i missed 2/3 pivots now again confusion arising on consolidation i know with chating each other we can have some conclusion

That is the reason i am posting charts and will post at least for 6 months data

i m in rush wil c u 2moro bye.........

Satya

milkyblack

Hi
MB ... yes i do understand backtesting and real implimentaion is two diferent thing even happend today to me i did not gone long even we had a pivot at 3914

but in the process of looking at past chart and
looking at different market condition we can better learn about different types of pivots so when it will happen again we will have not hesitation to call it a PIVOT

As rakesh rightly point out how i missed 2/3 pivots now again confusion arising on consolidation i know with chating each other we can have some conclusion

That is the reason i am posting charts and will post at least for 6 months data

i m in rush wil c u 2moro bye.........

Satya
I appreciate that you are posting the last 6 months charts... I am not at all saying that it is of no use! It is really useful, I completely understand your intention and that is to gain confidence! I am sure you will gain it! Plz let me know if I can come of any help :)

C u have a grt time Bye!

Regards

Prabhjeet

Satya and Milkyback I have 3 queries regarding Pivots, as you have been practicing Saint's methods so thought you would be the best judges:-

1. Do we need to have 2 lower highs preceding and following the highest bar to make it pivot or does a 3 bar pattern also count as a valid Pivot.

2. Is it necessary to clear the pivot high before the low can be considered a pivot low or can we form a lower pivot high before crossing the previous pivot high.

3. During consolidation we may have many pivot highs and lows and may get chopped around on both sides, is there any way to identify consolidation

Thanks in advance and hope Saint will also throw some light on these points

Regards

vinst

Satya and Milkyback I have 3 queries regarding Pivots, as you have been practicing Saint's methods so thought you would be the best judges:-

1. Do we need to have 2 lower highs preceding and following the highest bar to make it pivot or does a 3 bar pattern also count as a valid Pivot.

2. Is it necessary to clear the pivot high before the low can be considered a pivot low or can we form a lower pivot high before crossing the previous pivot high.

3. During consolidation we may have many pivot highs and lows and may get chopped around on both sides, is there any way to identify consolidation

Thanks in advance and hope Saint will also throw some light on these points

Regards
Prabhjeet,
I am jumping in with my understanding as I want this also to be commented upon.
1. A 3 bar pattern can only be a minor pivot. 5 bar 'fingers' pattern defines THE pivot.
2. It is not necessary to clear pivot high to define a pivot Low.
3. No idea. Some one please drop hints.

regards,
vin

Status
Not open for further replies.