Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinst

NF long initiated yesterday is closed with a down gap opening and the low of first 5 minute bar being triggered. Position is short now.
Am I correct?

vin

NF long initiated yesterday is closed with a down gap opening and the low of first 5 minute bar being triggered. Position is short now.
Am I correct?

vin
No Vin.......still holding the longs.

Therefore the word "visual gap" is used,not gap.

Shall explain later....

Saint

rkkarnani

Hello RKK Sir,

Posted the chart and the trades for June Series :)

Code:
Completed June Series

Number	Trade	Level	SL	Initial Risk	P/L(Close)	Remarks

5	Short	4505-	4284+	Closed		+221		Expiry Day Exit

4	Long	4499+	4505-	Closed		+6		Gap down

3	Short	4640-	4499+	Closed		+141

2	Long	4636+	4640-	Closed		+4

1	Short	4826-	4636+	Closed		+190

Jiggling Space 10pts each side i.e 20 pts per trade. Total No. of trades 5, therefore 100pts 

total space to trade. Brokerage and taxes not taken into a/c. 

P/L = +562pts(Before Space to trade)
P/L = +462pts(Before Brokerage and taxes)
Regards

Thanks Milky for your effort....
Seek views on my views :
The long taken on 5th June above the high of 12 Noon bar 4636 (my chart shows 4637) to me seems an error..my reason : The aid candle cannot be treated as a Pivot!!! The bar after it makes a lower high but the very next bar breaches the high made by 12 Noon bar hence the pivot status to it is denied. The next pivot according to me is made only on 6th June 10 AM, and that pivot does not breach the previous pivot high hence the short would continue!!!
On 6th according to me, the 12 noon bar made a low of 4640 and was a valid low pivot!!! Why dont we short below this!!! Why wait for next day to short!!??? Am i making any errors in identifying the pivots!!???
Do we have some rule for exiting on the derivatvie closing day!!! OR we roll over our position!!!
Regards
-R K Karnani

milkyblack

Thanks Milky for your effort....
Seek views on my views :
The long taken on 5th June above the high of 12 Noon bar 4636 (my chart shows 4637) to me seems an error..my reason : The aid candle cannot be treated as a Pivot!!! The bar after it makes a lower high but the very next bar breaches the high made by 12 Noon bar hence the pivot status to it is denied. The next pivot according to me is made only on 6th June 10 AM, and that pivot does not breach the previous pivot high hence the short would continue!!!
On 6th according to me, the 12 noon bar made a low of 4640 and was a valid low pivot!!! Why dont we short below this!!! Why wait for next day to short!!??? Am i making any errors in identifying the pivots!!???
Do we have some rule for exiting on the derivatvie closing day!!! OR we roll over our position!!!
Regards
-R K Karnani
Sir,

Thanks a lot for your view, I will go through the chart after mkt, and would definately look into the pivot properly :)
Plz give time till evening :)

Regards

Will wait eagerly. 'Visual' things are subjective and a good dose of experience is a must.

regards,
vin
Ah,that true with anything,in any field..........Experience makes that difference......

Visual Gap here refers to a Gap up clearly visible after an uptrend(like yesterday's) or a Gap Down clearly visible after a downtrend.Or a prolonged move up and then a gap down below the previous pivot low.Or a prolonged move down and a gap up over prev pivots high.

Have a look at the gap down after a move up on 27th......and then today's.There is a difference......and we react differently.The pivots(we follow the major pivots and 2 bar methods as opposed to the 5min trades where consolidations and minor pivots give us an entry and exit as well) may crack and we may go short eventually.........that time may come,but it hasn't yet.The upward Flow is not broken yet.......though it's under threat as of now........but till a crack,we stay long.

Simply because,we are trying to capitalise on the Bidirectional Flow of the 60min chart.The only time we would not be long or short is the day when one month's contract comes to an end.Even then,the Mind must be in auto-gear.No thinking.Whatever happens,short the 5min low or buy the 5min high with the usual + or -,and then we get back into the Flow of things.

Saint

ps:having a huge laugh :D:D over this word,"subjective"........ have a lot I can discuss over this word,but shall keep it for another time.Meanwhile , between this day and then..........put this method as neither subjective nor purely objective.....The Middle Path works best.

milkyblack

Saint,

You got time during the mkt hrs to post some lessons!!!! GRT! Must have enjoyed the day right? Good moves in both directions... :)

Saint please suggest some future scrips for Intraday :)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.