Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the Trade Off,whenever we are following a Method,becoz when you get the Trending phase the subsequent additions will give you sufficient to set off those 'Oppurtunity Lost'.
However it always depends on one's perception,if you dont feel comfortable OK no harm try to change your Time Frame or booking some or etc,what suits you best.
Good stuff from you as always,Asish.....Thanks.

Saint

U

uasish

Ashish da even I was thinking on the same lines that we have to accept these whipsaws as the unavoidable losses that should be compensated once we get strong trends.

I had read a book by Joe Ross which uses more or less same methods like Saint's Pivot method but he calls them ROSS. He has used certain conditions to define CONGESTION i.e. it occurs when we have a wide range bar and then the next 4 -5 bars close within the range of the high-low of this wide range bar. Second scenario is when we have W sort of open close pattern for few days that is suppose we close at open at 110 and close at 100 in one bar then we open at 100 and close at 110 on next bar then on subsequent bar we close at 100 and then 108 and 102 etc,etc so that defines the congestion and we should take the last pivot as a consideration then.

However I wanted experienced Saint's views, he has been using this method himself for past so many years so he would be the best guide

Hmm you are right,brother Lots of 'Unlearning' is still left.
The man on the boat with you every day LIVE is the Teacher/Mentor .

milkyblack

Saint,

ABAN, GMR, JP got in long! :) You also long in GMR, ABAN right? JP good move! I got in ABAN 2615 is it right entry, though it is trading higher, but want to do perfect trades, as you mention! I got JP at 145.50 not at 145, as gave 80p room, is it fine? Do not know how much room to give, learning from you. GMR gave 60p room as mentioned by you, entered at 85.60.

Regards

Prabhjeet

Prabhjeet,

Do give an example so that we are both on the same page before giving you a reply.

Saint

ps:You guys know so much,reading and understanding is great........but to be able to quote,compare,contrast off hand......fantastic.But sometimes,I wonder if the "full cup" prevents us from "seeing".
Saint I know I am bugging you too much but you are the only person who can clear all the dirt from my mind

Have got many such charts, will bring them up

Prabhjeet

Saint here is the other one, now I see many more pivots than there actually should be seen. Can you please take the effort to mark the pivots on chart and tell us why were they valid pivots and others were not

Regards

vinst

Saint here is the other one, now I see many more pivots than there actually should be seen. Can you please take the effort to mark the pivots on chart and tell us why were they valid pivots and others were not

Regards
Prabhjeet,
Kindly excuse me but before Saint answers, I am throwing in some lines so that my cobwebs are also cleared in the process.
I am reposting your charts with marked pivots in encircled areas. Blue/cyan pivots did not lead to whipsaws and led to profit. red pivot markings led to whipsaws (more in the case of JP asso). In fact i have missed marking one whipsaw long entry in JP second encircled area.
regards,
vin

Last edited:

vinst

My NF 60 min pivots chart is attached (updated to EOD July 4).

My quota of upload is nearly becoming full. How to enhance it?

regards,
vin

Last edited:

Prabhjeet

Saint was just going through all the teachings of TEACH A MAN TO FISH and thought that may be I am not able to get PIVOTS correctly because I was seeing them with a lens but pivots are best seen from some distance. I am posting the charts with new perspective, plz. guide whether this is how the charts should be viewed

And one more thing, please dont think that I am trying to compare your strategies with anyone, yours is the soundest technique I have seen till date

Regards

vinst

Saint was just going through all the teachings of TEACH A MAN TO FISH and thought that may be I am not able to get PIVOTS correctly because I was seeing them with a lens but pivots are best seen from some distance. I am posting the charts with new perspective, plz. guide whether this is how the charts should be viewed

And one more thing, please dont think that I am trying to compare your strategies with anyone, yours is the soundest technique I have seen till date

Regards
Prabhjeet,
Consolidations look clear with hindsight. E.g., How could one say that the high pivot made at 157 between 23th-24th and taken out within 5 candles (between 24th-25th) to its right would be part of a consolidation? This question is currently relevant for NF as well, I suppose.

regards,
vin

Status
Not open for further replies.