Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Going with the 60min Flow!!

SAINT ....it looks like u are more inclined towards trading in stocks than NF ...is there any reason like range bound nature of nifty or something else ...just a query ...

regards
I trade the NF on an intraday basis,max hold a few positions overnight........as explained before,big gaps up and down thanx to other markets.Sweeter to trade the 15min using NF.

Yep,prefer stock futures for up and down 60 trades.

Saint

milkyblack

I trade the NF on an intraday basis,max hold a few positions overnight........as explained before,big gaps up and down thanx to other markets.Sweeter to trade the 15min using NF.

Yep,prefer stock futures for up and down 60 trades.

Saint
Saint,

For NF Intraday ... 5 mins or 15mins? As you mentioned few posts earlier... tht to trade 5 mins... 30mins/15 mins to be taken for reference! Is it fine to take 60 min into reference... According to your expereince of the NF which would be better to trade for Intraday? I mean for trading as well for reference! I ask this to you because of your expereince in this market for a long time... :)

Secondly... as you mentioned, and I am the best to expereince the gap up/down(just the oppostite of my postions) on the NF... I would like to clarify from you that, this 60min trading is not possible for NF rth? As in tht case we need to take home our postitions, until the pivot high/low is taken off(as tht is our SL, new entry and old exit points)...

Regards

milkyblack

That depends Rajaram on the time frame that you are trading..........are you trading the 60min charts or the daily charts.

Daily charts:Short below 4923.

Hourly charts:Short below 5106.

So far,the hourly downtrend is still on.

Saint

ps:pivots always over Trendlines.....Trendlines have their uses though,an area to get out partially once cracked.But does not indicate a change in trend till pivots crack.
One more question :eek:

How is tht on hourly one is short below 5106... if it is not a trouble for you then plz illustrate it with a chart... :)

Thank You

Regards

jamit_05

How is tht on hourly one is short below 5106... if it is not a trouble for you then plz illustrate it with a chart... :)

Thank You

Regards
Hourly pivot low of 5106 broken at the cyan line. Downtrend started.

Then a pivot high at the Red line was formed, or was it? I do not completely trust that pivot high. Firstly cuz that pivots downleg was a freak opening move. Therefore, kinda tempted to ignore that as a pivot high.

So, if we ignore that pivot high, then we have a down hourly trend all the way till today.

Saint, pls confirm.

ps:pivots always over Trendlines.....Trendlines have their uses though,an area to get out partially once cracked.But does not indicate a change in trend till pivots crack.
i trade nifty on hourly ..... individual scrips based on weekly. Thanks for taking time out to clarify...

Saint,

For NF Intraday ... 5 mins or 15mins? As you mentioned few posts earlier... tht to trade 5 mins... 30mins/15 mins to be taken for reference! Is it fine to take 60 min into reference... According to your expereince of the NF which would be better to trade for Intraday? I mean for trading as well for reference! I ask this to you because of your expereince in this market for a long time... :)
A matter of preferance,MB.......some like the 2min,some the 5 min,some the 15min......there is no exact answer except that you have to check them out and find what works for you.And yes,you could take the 60min for perspective.

Secondly... as you mentioned, and I am the best to expereince the gap up/down(just the oppostite of my postions) on the NF... I would like to clarify from you that, this 60min trading is not possible for NF rth? As in tht case we need to take home our postitions, until the pivot high/low is taken off(as tht is our SL, new entry and old exit points)...

Regards
Once again,stating what works best for me..........trading the NF 60 up and down is not my cup of tea.......Those gaps up and down give us some yummy intraday trades though.

Saint

Thank You

Regards
Last pivot low cracked,and you are short at 5106 as of May 20th.......we even got a gap down to 5036,what do we do now?Profits off the table?Nope......Absolutely nothing.Our stop remains at 5168.We watch a bullish move negating that gap down,all the way back to our entry and more to the high of 5146.We remain short...........in this case the downtrend continued.If 5168 was taken out,we go long.

We are now at 4884......and our stop is at 5047.:eek:A V-shaped recovery here that crosses 5047 now will finally give us abt 60 pts for all our troubles.........but that's how this game goes.V-shaped recoveries don't happen every time.......and usually before the next move up,we will be able to bring stops down as another lower pivot high is made.

Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.