Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyblack

Vin,my friend..........no harm with the usage of minor pivots.You have to test it out yourself.I don't mean just backtest......but does it work for YOU?If it does,great.......But whatever you do,you are trying to stay with the flow,and yet make maximum on the moves on either end.

In ABAN,I mainly employ the 2 bar method......because that's the way it moves.In JP,LANCO,UNITECH,GMR.....I mainly use all pivots.In NIFTY,mainly major pivots and 2 bar.

Satya and Milky do it slightly differently,and they are not wrong either........whichever you employ,and whatever method you feel is best to extract as much as possible,great......So long as you go with the Flow!

All the best!
Saint

ps:There are a few other posts from you that I have not answered yet.....soon.
Saint,

What we do differently in 60min? Plz tell, as never wanted to do it... want to be with the rules you follow for 60... as I am not at all experienced to develop something new for 60min. Rather its because of you I have started trading 60 min... and let me thank you for this from bottom of my heart for this valuable method of trading!

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Hi Saint,

Exited all the positions today morning! As told yesterday system was not working due to
some virus or something like that!
I had reversed the long position on NF yesterday below 4076 (I wrongly interpreted as it to be the LOD) then checked the NSE website and then again on this site for the posts... then I came to know that those were the current levels posted by you :(
But no pains with the trades as there was a gap up :)

Now should I re enter tomorrow longs(if things are fine at my end) or wait for the next move to begin (i.e take fresh shorts as now the trades exited were long)

Regards

Hello friend,

I have undergone such computer failures,virus,Lan card failure,hard disc crash etc The solution I have found out is keep a standby PC loaded with all programmes,softwares etc in reserve mode ( not working in LAN but in swith off condition ) and in case of problem,replace the entire comp and attend to the problem later on.I have a spare PC at office and at home ( P3 machines you get secondhand in Rs 4000/- these days,so no big investment but saves lot of hassles. Just a suggestion my friend so that you dont get bogged down with these irritating breakdowns.

Best Wishes and trade well

hi !
can somebody explain what is the difference between major and minor pivots and also the 5 min bar method associated with gap up/down.? or the link to posts explaining these.

hi all!
i am a recent follower of this thread and i am extremely grateful to Saint and others for helping newbies like me out. i have benefitted immensely from Saints' teachings and would just like to express my gratitude. my whole outlook to trading has changed because of Saint's teachings.
Regards,
Sam
Thank you for your kind words,Sam......wishing you all the best!

Saint

hi !
can somebody explain what is the difference between major and minor pivots and also the 5 min bar method associated with gap up/down.? or the link to posts explaining these.
Sam,can you see the pivot points......that's good enough.Throw out the rest.So many words.......not necessary in putting in a perfect trade,one after another.

Don't listen to words,........instead train your mind and eye to see what is being pointed to.

Will be posting charts in ABAN,JP,LANCO,UNITECH,SESA,GMR soon.......you will soon see what is being pointed to.More important than getting stuck in a maze of definitions.

And the 5bar method...........once a trade gets into "vertical" zone,in a short,put your stops a bit over the high of 2 bars back.Keep doing that till stopped.Then reverse and get long.

Saint

Thx a lot Saint, just one more small query which is bothering me. i am trading the nifty and today morning it made an opening low of 4133 so in the 60 min chart it looks like a pivot low , which was violated when nifty touched a low of 4111 at about 12 40 pm. i have held on to my longs since i felt that the morning opening low does not qualify to be called a pivot as it hardly stayed there for 2 mins. am i thinking correct ?
Regards,
Sam

Thx a lot Saint, just one more small query which is bothering me. i am trading the nifty and today morning it made an opening low of 4133 so in the 60 min chart it looks like a pivot low , which was violated when nifty touched a low of 4111 at about 12 40 pm. i have held on to my longs since i felt that the morning opening low does not qualify to be called a pivot as it hardly stayed there for 2 mins. am i thinking correct ?
Regards,
Sam
This thread is looking at the 60min chart.......you are looking at the 5 or 15.

Prev Pivot lows not yet violated.....before this pivot low at 1pm today,was the prev pivot low a 1pm on 9th.

Saint

Status
Not open for further replies.