GOOD PROFIT: Hedged nifty positions with straddle...

how do you find this strategy....

• Total voters

linkon7

strangles loose value much slowly and present premium is very low. That gives u a situation where the decay will be very less over a period of time. e.g. 5400 - 5000 strangle would fetch you a total of say 110 points and 2 weeks of staying in the band will will cause a decay of 15-20 points. Since we are going to have RBI policy action and budget soon, a buildup will make these OTM options to increase in premium.

normal thumb rule is, when the volatility is low, people buy strangles. when its high, people sell them.

I initiated a 5200-5300 strangle of jan series for a total premium of 76 points this week. Expectedly, 5200 will be worth 76 plus today itself...5300 will not become zero, to that's a bonus.
If someone would short this strangle, he would be playing for cover now...
5200 put... made a century...i exited at 93...holding 5300 call..which is free..for tomorrow...

linkon7

sold 4700 put march for 143
sold 4900 call march for 132

total premium collected 275

linkon7

dont plan to take any action... till either leg is under threat...

linkon7

had shorted 4700 put march 1 pair at 260 in the morning
shorted 4900 call march 1 pair at 137...

linkon7

avg cost of the 3 pairs...

sumitdasjoshi

i am holding tata motor call @ 16.4,now it is 6, what should i do,can your please help me,how to ride it
thanks
you have alredy lost you 10 rs why wating for loose more and one more thing always set a stop loss for evry trade otherwise wise you will end up loose all the money you have

linkon7

I am holding tata motor call @ 16.4,now it is 6, what should i do,can your please help me,how to ride it
thanks

There was no long on this chart. What prompted you to take a long..? There has to be a method based on which you pick a direction and target. I think its time u evaluate that first.

The chart looks oversold, if we manage to close above 694, then it makes sense to hold on to your option. Now things are in the hope & pray-to-God mode. If we close above 723 mark then u can average by buying another lot and pray for further upmove. A close below 633 is ur must exit point.