GOOD PROFIT: Hedged nifty positions with straddle...

how do you find this strategy....

• Total voters

veluri1967

Linkon Da,
Sorry for deviating.
How much time it took for you to reach this proficiency level in options trading?
I just started learning ABC of options. Just curious.....:D

Hi linkon,
Am new to this forum and new to trading also. I am just curious what software have you used for the tatamotors. am using metastock and want to to know which one are u using.

linkon7

Hi linkon,
Am new to this forum and new to trading also. I am just curious what software have you used for the tatamotors. am using metastock and want to to know which one are u using.
Its amibroker...! I tried using metastock, but its not as customizable as ami...

linkon7

Linkon Da,
Sorry for deviating.
How much time it took for you to reach this proficiency level in options trading?
I just started learning ABC of options. Just curious.....:D
I am not a good options trader. They have a different mindset. Intraday movement is treated as noise and plenty of analysis goes when they develop a strategy. Their stop loss is in percentage and risk reward ratio is awesome.

What i do is more like rambo going to war while options traders are more like an ace sniper. Mine looks awesome but is never safe. True option traders give awesome results and is totally safe.

At the end, its all about risk / trade management. Thats a subject i am just learning...

One thing i learnt is never trust the market to do what u think it will do...
lot of days before the series expires... so no point predicting the direction and taking short positions where the direction is not clear.
One big 2-3% day is all we need to place all the option writers on the back foot.
with the option value at rock bottom... better buy options then sell them...

going for 5000 call buy and sell 5100 call... makes more sense if u r bullish
selling 5000 put and buying 4900 put if u r bearish...
if u r neutral..then buy 4800 put and 5200 call...

avoid naked writing options....
Likewise one can sell 5100 PE and Buy 5000 PE if someone is bullish
Likewise one can sell 4900 CE and Buy 5000 CE if someone is bearish
Likewise if u r neutral then then u have to sell 4800 put and sell 5200 instead of buying 4800 put and 5200 call
If u think market will have wild movement on either then only buy 4800 put and 5200 call

Last edited:

AW10

DanPickUp, DA is used in Bangali Language to address someone with respect (one of the 16/17 popular languages in India).
Something like SIR of english.

It is coincidence that your name has built in DA in it..

btw, thanks for another very practical post.
Happy Trading