Heikin Ashi Candles Colour Change

Re: Suggest a Fair Broker

and to quote you from a previous post- It would be true interbank spread- as in 0 pips and sometimes inverted spreads as well?
I am interested. More details please...

fxgood

Re: Suggest a Fair Broker

who is the best broker for a beginner?

a beginner is :

who doesn't know what is ECN broker
who doesn't know what is a spread
who doesn't care whether 4 digit broker or 5 digit broker..
Understanding ECN is better choice, else only choice is lots and lots of market makers around including electronic market makers, super high leverages, good support ( as long as you don't make any consistent profit ) , NO commission and a lot more to slowly wipe you off, but not always as well of course, and if your are a swing trader for example, then ECN or Market Maker makes very little difference to you

Doesn't know what is spread then, i advice not trade at all

4 or 5 just differs not in decimal but in profit loss you make as well, are you happy to shell out some pips of 5th decimal to your market maker then yes, don't worry about it

Rkji

What Timeframes do you use

Hi everyone

I just wanted a poll on timer interval for your forex trades.

i have been hit on different timeframes on a regular basis now thinking it might be the broker trading against me..huh !!!

for short term trading, i have been using 1 hr charts & let the trade run for couple of hrs with 0.1 lot opened with 30 pip loss to 50 pip profit.

followed moving averages crossovers and alligator strategy.

hit the dust on consective stoplosses !!!

current bal is $ 400 & started with $ 500.

can you pitch in best timeframe used for such a small balance account

many thanks

regards
rishi

SavantGarde

Re: What Timeframes do you use

Hi Rishi,

I Have Elaborated Three Strategies In 'Trading The Bars' Links To The Post Is In Vicky's First Post Of The Thread.

There Are 2 Strategies In One Single Post & The 3rd Strategy Is In The Other Post....

http://www.traderji.com/equities/28201-trading-bars-31.html#post326865

http://www.traderji.com/equities/28201-trading-bars-47.html#post344376

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde

Hi everyone

i have been hit on different timeframes on a regular basis now thinking it might be the broker trading against me..huh !!!

for short term trading, i have been using 1 hr charts & let the trade run for couple of hrs with 0.1 lot opened with 30 pip loss to 50 pip profit.

many thanks

regards
rishi

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Hi Rishi,

Check The Charts & Intraday Movement Of USD/CHF & EUR/USD They Are Almost Like Mirror Image Of Each Other......Wait For A Bit Of Bounce & Next Intermediate Resistance Level....Where You Can Short The EUR/USD & Go Long USD/CHF....

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde

vicky_ag

Hi everyone

many thanks

regards
rishi
Rishi

I think this is your second thread where you have talked about the broker's fairness and their tendency to trade against you. Right?

So, in all good faith I think the question you need to ask is
a. "How does the forex market work, not in macro sense but rather at the retail broker level?"
b. What are bucketshops?
c. What are Market Makers?
d. What are ECNs ?

If you can answer those questions you are on your half way through.

ash.paul

rishi
If broker is hunting your stops then change your broker not your Trading Time Frame. Do you mind revealing who is your broker?

In all fairness I have seen many unnecessarily complaining about their broker hunting their stops, delayed fill, unnecessary slippage etc but in reality IMO these are more psychological issues of a trader and they just start blaming their broker for their losses. Better start getting over it.

See, I am not saying you are one of them but please compare your charts with other broker charts or simply compare it with netdania.com (I have to say they provide quality charts). If you see some spikes in your chart then you may have valid point.
Even never heard bucketshop operators (Spreadbetting Co.'s) chasing their clients stop more than 10 pips. Well this is another huge discussional topic ''why'' and ''why not''.

If I have to recommend one single broker who let to trade any smaller size, then it would be Oanda (MarketMaker) and I have traded with them for over 3 years and I never had any stophunting issues so far and I trade 5 minutes TF's. But watch out for slippage at major news releases I am usually out at that time.
If you trade big and want to take your trading to next level, I mean if you want to trade in direct market pool rather than the broker's market then IB, ducascopy IMO are pretty decent ECN brokers.

All the best.

ag_fx

Its not the BROKER...Its not the TIME FRAME...The reason you are loosing money is YOU.

Sounds tough ehh?

Picture this for yourself:

On a $500 account, you are trading 0.1 lot. Do you know how much risk does this translate to?

You are risking 1% of your account for every 5 pip movement in the market. having a 20% drawdown simply means a loss of 100 pips, which is very normal in markets. You are loosing your pants because of improper Money Management.

Get your money management straight first and then think over the overly unduly propagated SL Hunting issues.

desifxtrader

Hi everyone

many thanks

regards
rishi[/COLOR]

:rofl: :rofl: SL hunting :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Rishi,

Please refer the info provided in the following links:

Code:
http://www.traderji.com/forex/38063-forex-challenge-2000-every-month-8.html#post419432

http://www.traderji.com/forex/38063-forex-challenge-2000-every-month-8.html#post419316

http://www.traderji.com/forex/40353-suicide-forex-trader-india.html#post429773
Understand what ankit has pointed out above.

I see that you lack proper MM & RM strategy. And this is the only important factor to survive in Forex marketplace. I really don't understand why people lay sooo much importance in entry techniques while over looking survival tactics. Whereas REALITY is just the inverse.

No 'especial' & 'super' secret trading strategy is necessary.

Please don't blame it on brokers, trading methods, stars, moons and the ocean waves. Instead, stop trading for 2/3 days and start reviewing your trades.

The best timeframe to trade is the one where YOU are comfortable to trade.
If you like fast pace actions with frequent ringing of cash register, zoom below 1H.

For me, I prefer to go slow, and make less trades. Hence I choose the 4H TF.

The account balance has absolutely nothing to do with TFs. You can trade a $100 with the Daily TF. Similarly You can trade a $100 with the 5M TF.

It's only depends on how well you can translate the impact of RISK on your a/c and the position.

cheers

Last edited: