How to choose the right software for trading

You better be careful. There is a limit of 500000 after which it will be FIFO, so the last days data will keep going away as you add new data. SO keep regular backup.
Thanx. using it as for mannual backtesting n R & D. not faced any probs yet.
For trading, using "compressed history with 10 day tick only".:)

ash.paul

Hi BAV,
Can you plz also suggest us abt choosing a right datafeed.
Iam specially interested for RT streaming data with a price range of $30-100, i can see that you have recommended qcharts over esignalpremier, but would be nice if I could get any cheaper and can feed AB.
Your efforts and time will b deeply appreciated.
Regards

beginner_av

Go for Qcharts if you want reliability. Otherwise there are lot of vendors peddling such stuff here like IDSL India, esignal india (dont think there is any relation with the original esignal) etc. I do not know if they take the data from NSE by paying the prescribed fees or take from some other source and resell it.

Search this forum and you will get stuff on how to get data from PIB, ODIN etc. If trading is not a full time SERIOUS activity for you OR you dont believe you need quality, business contunuity etc, you can try these.

ash.paul

Thank you very much indeed BAV, sorry i didnot mean to be cheap, as i do understand business needs some backup and foundation. but as I am new to this business, so had some doubts, both esignal and Qcharts provides advance charting facilities and esignal provides backtesting and other indicators and RTsignals. After seeing their features i will surely go for either of them as Odin etc data stands no where, thanks for your help but i was confused becoz after reading the reviews on elitetrader and other blogs I was thinking they are really expensive but maybe in india we dont have good vendors who can match their quality like in the UK many good broker provides good datafeeds plus basic charting tool for like 20-40pounds/month like sharescope but not for Indian markets I think.

ash.paul

BTW what do you want to do with your data in AB?
I was thinking to use amibroker as per your recommendation for strategy development and backtesting my system on intraday and to compress tick data to minutes etc and use various indicators for signals etc, so for these purposes do i not need a good data feed??? What do you really want 2 convey.
Will you recommend me to purchase esignalpremier and later buy AB or other 3rd party Sw after gaining some proficiency in basics with esignal????
Thanks once gain and God bless u.

beginner_av

If you want your tests to provide accurate results the most important input will be accurate data. Hence highest quality of data will be my recommendation.

About AB, I hope you know C/C++/C# pretty well, if you have to write a backtest yourself.
generally,
AB - C/C++
ESignal - JavaScript
Neoticker - Delphi/Delphiscript
Tradecision - Pascal/Delphi
Tradestation - English
TradersStudio - VB

This is just a general indication to help you. If you are proficient in any major prog lang .Net, Delphi, C, most of them provide facilities to write DLL and link them.

I was thinking to use amibroker as per your recommendation for strategy development and backtesting my system on intraday and to compress tick data to minutes etc and use various indicators for signals etc, so for these purposes do i not need a good data feed??? What do you really want 2 convey.
Will you recommend me to purchase esignalpremier and later buy AB or other 3rd party Sw after gaining some proficiency in basics with esignal????
Thanks once gain and God bless u.