How to choose the right software for trading

Sir,

Then which software do you suggest for non programmers to effectively write and backtest trade strategy. How would u classify metastock pro?

Or CQG?

Thanks in Advance

If you want your tests to provide accurate results the most important input will be accurate data. Hence highest quality of data will be my recommendation.

About AB, I hope you know C/C++/C# pretty well, if you have to write a backtest yourself.
generally,
AB - C/C++
ESignal - JavaScript
Neoticker - Delphi/Delphiscript
Tradecision - Pascal/Delphi
Tradestation - English
TradersStudio - VB

This is just a general indication to help you. If you are proficient in any major prog lang .Net, Delphi, C, most of them provide facilities to write DLL and link them.

Gdraj

Thank you for such a wonderful thread..

Your post must have enlighten many users to stand by their own by learning programming languages..

Hope you will post more in the coming days.. Eagerly waiting for your posts..:))

I have a simple question, if these software venders are charging you so heavily then why a trader need to learn a software language, if a trader learns a software language (C,C++,C#, Java etc) and become proficient in one of the language or in all them then why he /she will buy the software’s they will write their own software and start trading. I am unable to digest this that a trader need to learn programming language for customizing his or her need, all software vendors take charges for yearly maintenance and its duty of software vendors to customize the software according to each customer requirements under yearly maintenance charges. This is how the software industry works.

Now all traders are not tech savvy and older trader chaps will never learn the language because they hardly know English they work in Hindi, so in this case they need to hire a part time programmer to fulfill their requirements. I am really surprised after going through this thread and learned that advance traders need to learn a programming language.

I don’t have idea if Ashwin Gujral, Gul Tekchandani, S P Tulsian, Prakash Gaba etc know any programming language.

I have a simple question, if these software venders are charging you so heavily then why a trader need to learn a software language, if a trader learns a software language (C,C++,C#, Java etc) and become proficient in one of the language or in all them then why he /she will buy the softwares they will write their own software and start trading. I am unable to digest this that a trader need to learn programming language for customizing his or her need, all software vendors take charges for yearly maintenance and its duty of software vendors to customize the software according to each customer requirements under yearly maintenance charges. This is how the software industry works.

Now all traders are not tech savvy and older trader chaps will never learn the language because they hardly know English they work in Hindi, so in this case they need to hire a part time programmer to fulfill their requirements. I am really surprised after going through this thread and learned that advance traders need to learn a programming language.

I dont have idea if Ashwin Gujral, Gul Tekchandani, S P Tulsian, Prakash Gaba etc know any programming language.
and who told u they are market geniuses:down::