How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't look at indicators. But my understanding is if you use an indicator, the signal will always be late, but you will have more confidence in the trade. It might be a good idea to look at indicator to determine a trend has started. But buying/selling pullbacks in trends can be done without looking at indicators. Entry price would be better. I would simply be looking to buy any 2-3 day dip in an uptrending market, keep a decent stop and hope for higher levels. Once a trend matures after some time, one may see a correction to the uptrend, meaning then the pullback could last for a few weeks instead of just a few days. Then maybe it might make sense to look at indicators. Even then, there will always be confusion. Do you buy the first signal, or do you buy the divergence in the indicator, or does one buy the second signal after the divergence.

Its a tricky world.

I am looking to buy the dip in base metals. The fall below the 20dma should be used to buy with possibly a 10 point stop expecting new highs for this uptrend in 2-3 weeks time..
Dear Piyush...if you are following a system then 20dma, 10 point SL etc. would be ok otherwise as per my opinion properly placing your SL is very important in trading...making it safe i mean...

Hello Guys,

Is this a Valid Bearish Divergence????
No......................
Hello Kamleshji,

From wat i studied with new high when the stochastics shows a lower intensity it denotes a bearish convergence, isnt it??? Or i have studies it wrong...
It does look like a bearish divergence, maybe one should wait till stochs reach the neutral zone before taking a trade.

Or Kamleshbhai, the crossovers in OB zone doesn't make a divergence ?

Hello Kamleshji,

From wat i studied with new high when the stochastics shows a lower intensity it denotes a bearish convergence, isnt it??? Or i have studies it wrong...
Yes!...it is bearish divergence as per the common literature....but there are so many like this which are killed by TREND.

Tradable bearish divergence has bearish resistance line (BRL-T2) joining the recent 2-new Highs....when i 'll get an example i would post....

Uttam,

You are doing very good job for everyone here. Newbies like me will learn much from you & your system.

shekharz

Tradable bearish divergence has bearish resistance line (BRL-T2) joining the recent 2-new Highs....when i 'll get an example i would post....
Kamlesh,
Request you to explain the above statement with reference to the below image. From your statement and example high probability bearish divergence would require 2 new highs something like a line joining O-HH1-HH2. The second high is missing in nicktrader's example. Please clarify.
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.