How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys! following link can be used to gauge bias of the stocks for the next day(s)....

http://www.bigpaisa.com/nse/futures-trades/open-interest/expiry/near-month

(a) Plan trade for the stocks which fit best, as during the week we have lots of choices easily available.

(b) Have 1 or 2-stocks to SHORT, 1 or 2-to go LONG simultaneously.

(c) For Long or Short consider only those stocks which have OI change at least 5%. Higher the better.

(d) BULLISH: If price increases AND OI increases.
.....BEARISH: If price decreases AND OI increases.

(e) Not easy to interpret near expiry due to roll-overs, after expiry again on track.

=> Define your stop Loss and Target as per the chart.

Paper trading for few weeks is definitely required.

the head and shoulders on both gold and silver don't seem very solid as patterns.. seem kinda forced to me.. none the less, i am bullish on both for the near term, specially silver. i see silver touching 60k on mcx within a week...
a close above 1767 means old high 1923$ in picture and off course new all time high too:thumb:

Guys i have a plan....plz help me in figuring out the resource....

I want to track some 200 fundamentally strong stocks and want to scan their Weekly/Daily charts....Suppose there are some patterns which i want to scan over all of them...formula i can write....

One way is to update excel file of each stock....that is the last option for me...

I want to know if any other way is also possible.....like Amibroker etc..?....

Your views are cordially awaited....

myamit

I want to track some 200 fundamentally strong stocks and want to scan their Weekly/Daily charts....Suppose there are some patterns which i want to scan over all of them...formula i can write....

One way is to update excel file of each stock....that is the last option for me...

If you have formula than I can do this in minutes. I've access to all NSE/BSE data on EOD basis and can write an AFL to scan required patterns/settings for past as well current data.

Regards,

myamit

I want to track some 200 fundamentally strong stocks and want to scan their Weekly/Daily charts.....
See attached results for all 240+ FnO scripts scanned for all harmonic patterns on a daily chart. This can be done in less than 1 minutes.

Harmonic patterns as on 17-Feb-2012
View attachment 17651

Last edited:

I think the Best is Amibroker, I think you can find tons of resources for that here in TJ. EOD data is easy to get, if you want to have IEOD, I think you need subscription, which you can get for around 400-600 (you will get live data as well) decent ones. You can as well, Google Amibroker AFL with few keywords ;) you can find tons more of resources available.

If you have formula than I can do this in minutes. I've access to all NSE/BSE data on EOD basis and can write an AFL to scan required patterns/settings for past as well current data.

Regards,
AMit....plz let me know which program you are using for the same....
and how to go about it...

i have back-tested few bar-patterns manually and want to scan and trade the same in line with NIFTY....

myamit

AMit....plz let me know which program you are using for the same....
and how to go about it...

i have back-tested few bar-patterns manually and want to scan and trade the same in line with NIFTY....
I'm using Amibroker or Spider depending upon data & forumla requirement.

Best is you need to decide your timeframe (EOD you will get data from many sources... IEOD you may need to purchase or can get from somebody on TJ)

Secondly you need to code your scanning formula into AFL. That's it.

If required I can help in coding.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.