How to trade with an oscillator

poortrader

Yes Poortrader...you are absolutely right....great going.

Anti is a method based on hook...please put up 1-2 charts explaining the set up and entry as you have understood it correctly.

Hook basically is nothing new....we identify a direction of the trend on slope of % D line.....suppose it is going up....we look for a antitrend move on %k a small downward corrective move of 2-3 bars....and then the last corrective bar's high is taken out, we go long with a stop of the low of that last corrective bar...and ride the main trend which is up. This is a very short term method and we take profits in next 3-4 bars but the risk is small so it gives good RR trades.

Smart_trade

I have marked on the chart posted by Murthy, as he had started the discussion, but the one he pointed out in the chart is not strictly a hook as per definition, but nevertheless the idea of hook is there, as it is a samll retracement while going up from OS territory, and coupled with the divergence (normal) it gives a good RR trade.
The one I marked on the chart with rectangles are not giving big trades but no SL either. They are not giving big moves because of the kind of day, plus they are near OS/OB regions. I hope I am correct in the interpretations.

avad

Today gapup opening for nifty...
According to rules will sit until 10 am as gap is present.
Broke fridays high of aroung 5198.

that 5200 is a major support area now.

avad

@timepass---okay but how doi do it...if you tell me how topost it i can post it...also try trade2win .com forums...there is an entire thread 5star rated on the ross hook

@timepass---okay but how doi do it...if you tell me how topost it i can post it...also try trade2win .com forums...there is an entire thread 5star rated on the ross hook
Check out rapidfire.com to upload the file. Or, take a look at your PM, I am sending you my email id, you can mail me the file and I will upload it here for everyone to download.

avad

I wanted to ask something from my observation... today i was looking at commoity charts and found that trading commodities is easier than stock...why is this ?

rangarajan

I wanted to ask something from my observation... today i was looking at commoity charts and found that trading commodities is easier than stock...why is this ?
Also,i find smart's Stoch methodology is working well in commodity.
In fact i find it is easier to trade NF with this method than individual stocks.